Wanna be a buddy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

In an effort to better serve our members who are joining us at autocross for their first time, we’re looking to implement The Buddy System in 2013 and we need volunteers to be buddies.

A buddy will be a guide and mentor for a new person at their first event. I know from registration data who’s new, so I’d put you in contact with a new person before the event so you could make arrangements to meet them in the morning and answer any questions they have before they show up.

That morning you’ll help them get situated, prep their car for tech, get them to the trailer for donuts and registration, introduce them around, make sure they understand when they work and drive, take them for rides with you, answer questions about worker assignments/explain their job, coach if you like… basically be there to make sure they are comfortable and welcomed at their first event with us. We do a great job of this already, but we think the buddy system will further add to the GGC experience.

You may wonder, if you’re a buddy will you still need to do a worker assignment? Probably yes unless we have a very large group. One challenge our lower numbers presents is making sure we have full coverage on the jobs at regular season events.

If you’re interested in helping, let us know. We have 11 first timers joining us on the 19th and it would be cool if we could have 5-6 folks who are coming to step up to be buddies. We’ll need more when our regular season starts up so all help is greatly appreciated!

Hal Dorton
    Participant

I’ll be a mentor when attending any event.

Rob Powers
    Participant

Sure, sign me up.

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

I’ll be glad to help mentor, but also want to help with course setup.

Brian Cheung
    Participant

I’ll be a buddy. pair me up with a hot girl.

Brian Shadle
    Participant

You can put me on the list for this too for any event I’m attending this season.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Thanks for volunteering guys, and to those who wrote me directly. We can use many more, so if you’re interested too, please let me know.

Dudey… shall I add another registration question? 🙂

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Sign me up, but ride alongs in my car would be problematic. :silly:
    Mark

Tony Holland
    Participant

I’ll be a buddy, I remember my 1 st auto X I was nervous. Great idea Jeff!!!

Eric Cheung
    Participant

Please sign me up for the events that I register for, Jeff.

Des Toups
    Participant

sign me up as well — this is a great idea.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Credit goes to Brian for the idea…

EYT and DES, I need to know who you are in real life. 🙂

Des Toups
    Participant

Des Toups, 66 Scion FR-S

Brian Cheung
    Participant

EYT is Eric Cheung

Timothy Woo
    Participant

Count me in too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.