Register now for July

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    John Kim
    Participant

You know you are my first choice for AutoX! Looking at my Motorsportreg account, I see I autocrossed with you in June, July, October and November 2010, though I don’t think I actually showed up for the October event. Came back in August 2011, and those were all while living in Orange County!

Besides, we always knew Spring Mountain in July was a longshot, right?

Barry Twycross
    Participant

[quote=”jeffroberts” post=1629]Fun runs were fun, but I bested my fastest competition time by a whole second and that may mean 7 runs next month. 🙂 I need more than 6 to get my stuff together![/quote]I didn’t do fun runs, I’m too tired by that time. Also it would be depressing to better my time, when it didn’t count. It would also be depressing to not better my time. So there’s no upside to doing fun runs. Of course my fastest run was my first.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Three weeks out and 94 people on board! Looks like a sell out.
    I think I figured out how to make some money off this success. Let me register 2x and then I can auction off one of my spots to the highest bidder from the wait list 😉
    Mark

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

We sold out today Mark.:-)

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”jeffroberts” post=1662]We sold out today Mark.:-)[/quote]
    You all must be doing something right :cheer:
    Mark

John Kim
    Participant

Awesome job for the AuotX team. I am curious whether we are getting groups of first-timers who are trying to autoX but are frustrated because the events sell out before they can register. Or are the 1st-timers usually signing up early and it’s the procrastinating veterans that end up on the wait list?

My real question is… if we are pretty consistently selling out both the AutoXes and car control clinics (Canyon), is there something we can do to help more first timer club members get into driving activities?

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

There were no first-timers on the waitlist for June’s event. This month we have a few hopefuls, and although the cancellations have been trickling in, I don’t think they’ll make it. I let them know to sign up early for next month when reg opens on Sunday night.

For autocross, I think we are about where we need to be right now. Yes, some folks aren’t getting in, but it’s a relatively small percentage of those signing up. If we start having 20-30 people on the waitlist, then maybe we’ll need to talk about how we can accommodate more folks. One thing I’m not open to doing is cutting runs in half and doubling capacity… that’s not what we’re about.

Back in 2009 when I started autocrossing you had to be registered within the first few days to get in. Events were selling out really fast and had long wait lists. Things quieted down a bit in 2010-2012, and have picked up again in 2013.

On the CCCs… I’ve been instructing since 2008 and have never been to one that didn’t sell out. I bet if we could get the dates at Candlestick, and the staff to work, we could have as many CCCs as we do autocrosses. Hugely popular program… for good reason.

Believe it or not, we’re already working on next season’s schedule. I’ve had some good meetings with some new peeps and hope to add a couple new events to the calendar. Stay tuned!

John Kim
    Participant

Jeff, it all sounds very good and thanks for answering my questions! Definitely better to have some scarcity (oversubscribed events) than the opposite. Your autocrosses could be like a luxury brand.

John Kim
    Participant

I had to cancel yesterday boo hoo hoo. But another sudden change in family travel plans means I might still show up to help out and watch, if I can make it there before 9am.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.