First GGC AX School

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy Daniels
    Participant

I’d like to congratulate the AX team on a great event last Saturday: the chapter’s first-ever autocross school. You guys did a great job of putting this together in such a short time. I thought things went very smoothly on the whole, and I certainly had a great time.

I was very impressed with the students, too. They all clearly came to learn and worked really hard all day, improving dramatically despite the increasingly challenging driving surface.

I’d love to hear what other attendees, students and instructors both, thought of it. I’d also like to encourage more instructors to come out for the next school—the number of students that can be accepted is mostly constrained by the number of available instructors.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Very well said Andy. A tip of the hat to the AX leadership. Nice one chaps.

In my opinion it was a great day for all involved. I believe that we achieved an Evo Phase I teaching experience, with stronger social interaction, at 50% of the cost. I’d call that a result. I can only hope that this event becomes an Annual or bi-Annual fixture on the GGC calendar. Many of the students will pose strong competition in whatever class they run. I also have no doubt that some of them will move on to be instructors at future events.

I hope that we do hear from some of the students, as I’d hate to just be drinking my own Kool-Aid…

Teddy Framhein
    Participant

Have to bump an old thread. I had no access to any of the threads in these forums until recently, otherwise I would have replied earlier.

Had a great time at the AX school! Tons of seat time, just what I needed. The surface was ‘interesting,’ but that might have made the day more instructive. Thank you to all of the instructors.

I know there was a photographer on-site. Were his pictures posted anywhere?

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Teddy. Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping that we would get some perspective from the students. I think each student got around 25 runs, which is equivalent to 4 normal GGC autocross events. That is a lot of seat time!

I pinged Jeff regarding photos about a week ago and there were around 20+ that were taken by the photographer you mention. I’ll ask Jeff to post the link to this thread. I might also suggest that you take a read of the October edition of the ‘eBombe’ when it comes out…. 😉

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Folks

Here is the link to the photos:

Jack Yu

I just read Nigel’s article on the Autocross school in the eBombe, very entertaining read! Well done Nigel!

Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

+1

Nigel, you should write more often ! I enjoyed cat and wife swap, too. 😉

Teddy Framhein
    Participant

Add me to the list: thanks, Nigel! Great writeup.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Folks. Thought I’d bump the AX Beginners School thread from last year as we are only 11 days away from the 2016 event. Woo Hoo!! I really enjoyed this event last year and am looking forward to seeing a new group of students along with the stalwart crew of instructors. Word is that Jeff is having gravel specially shipped in from San Jose. Should be good times… 🙂

Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

Asked myself what is Chicago Box. Googled. There are nice diagrams starting on Page 8 here http://racingready.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/beginning_autocross_clinic.pdf Is it somewhat different from Bus Stop ?

I found those diagrams useful. May be our students will do, too ?

Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

dup, sorry.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.