Course map for june 15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mark Mervich
    Participant

I must be the first person who’s curiosity has overcome his patience πŸ™‚
    I have made some adjustments to my car which are working out well. I want to try them again B)
    Yes, I am sorry, but I did figure out how to make the FF faster. :woohoo:
    Mark

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here it is, just for you Mark. πŸ™‚ If you right-click on the image and select “copy image url” and load that in another browser window, you can get the full resolution version for best printing.

[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/9016533961_6d40b52d5a_o.jpg[/img]

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Thank you, Jeff. Looks very technical πŸ™‚ But I can never really figure it out until I walk the course.
    Mark

Barry Twycross
    Participant

Am I right in thinking “Technical” is a codeword meaning tight and twisty and good for MINIs? The first gate of the slalom looks very tight, I’m not sure I’ve seen a 20ft one before.

Ryan Rich

Looks like a great course!

See you all there Saturday!

Dave Sparks
    Participant

[quote=”btwyx” post=1539]Am I right in thinking “Technical” is a codeword meaning tight and twisty and good for MINIs? The first gate of the slalom looks very tight, I’m not sure I’ve seen a 20ft one before.[/quote]

First gate is 40 ft. The others are 50.

The rest of the course is fairly open, with the exception of the chicane in the middle between the two sweepers. This one is all about speed control.

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

[quote=”davidlsparks” post=1549][quote=”btwyx” post=1539]Am I right in thinking “Technical” is a codeword meaning tight and twisty and good for MINIs? [/quote]

This one is all about speed control.[/quote]
    Speed control = Technical.
    And figuring out the correct line. Looks like a fun & challenging course! πŸ™‚

Justin Tsang
    Participant

40 & 50 ft, ouch. minimum spacing for slalom is 45 ft for the SCCA rulebook and generally 55-60ft.

Dave Sparks
    Participant

[quote=”justint5387″ post=1551]40 & 50 ft, ouch. minimum spacing for slalom is 45 ft for the SCCA rulebook and generally 55-60ft.[/quote]

It’s only the first gate. You should be able to figure out a way take advantage of that.

We had a 50 ft and a 60 ft slalom at the last event.

Justin Tsang
    Participant

Just wondering why not make the first 2 cones 50ft apart as well when there are space on the exit of the left hander? 40ft is quite a pinch and no line option

Dave Sparks
    Participant

[quote=”justint5387″ post=1553]Just wondering why not make the first 2 cones 50ft apart as well when there are space on the exit of the left hander? 40ft is quite a pinch and no line option[/quote]

Because it’s supposed to be a challenge.

Justin Tsang
    Participant

IMO, courses does not have to be tight to be a challenge.

Dave Sparks
    Participant

[quote=”justint5387″ post=1555]IMO, courses does not have to be tight to be a challenge.[/quote]

I guess you’re lucky I didn’t throw in a 25 ft Chicago box. πŸ™‚

mack Tsang
    Participant

No challenge if there’s only one line to take it.

James Keane
    Participant

Aw man, not another tight n’ twisty one. πŸ˜›

Don’t get me wrong. I like a good technical challenge, but what I really love is the sensation of speed and the challenge of fast sweepers. In retrospect, some of my favorite courses have been a good mix of both tight and fast – often requiring crossovers to make use of the limited space we have. We just had a very tight one last round, so I was hoping for something more open this time.

It should be a good course – I am just putting in my vote for a Need for Speed on the next one

Cheers,
    James

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.