Cars looking forward to seeing on the week-end

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion Cars looking forward to seeing on the week-end

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brad Vaughan
    Participant

As always at Candlestick a nice collection of non-BMW cars..

The cars I am most looking forward to seeing;

– Subaruyota BRZ (supposed to have a lower center of gravity than a MX5)
    – Z06 (need to own a Vette before I eventually depart the US)
    – NSX (a dream car of mine, probably the nicest looking car ever out of japan..although a R32->5 GTR is also nice)
    – SLK55 (big fan of ridiculously large engine in a small car, please let it be a stick shift, but I fear a auto)
    – TT RS (a bit lighter and bit more power than my E46 M3, )

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool. The TT RS is my coworker’s car. We took it out to AAS at Marina 7/8. T’was a bit frustrating to drive on the stock tires and stock alignment, but it is evident that with a bit of tweaking and sticky rubber, the car could be very quick.

Will be interesting to see how it drive’s on the slipperier surface at candlestick, since it was SUPER plowy at Marina.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

I’ll add to the list…

– 80 point 1974 2002

Brad Vaughan
    Participant

I assume you are running 255’s all around so you don’t have the e46 problem of staggered tire width.. But you do have those pesky front wheel trying to drive the car around.

Does the RS have a sport setting or the like to change the amount of torque front to rear ?

Rob Powers
    Participant

I’m looking forward to seeing an avus blue m3 running in A group.

😉

Don Louv
    Participant

I’m looking forward to a head-to-head C-Class ass-kicking competition: 1989 750iL vs. 2011 ActiveE.

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

[quote=”RobP” post=512]I’m looking forward to seeing an avus blue m3 running in A group.

;)[/quote]
    :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Paul Berton
    Participant

I bet you are…

Rob Powers
    Participant

It feels like i’ve been working on the car forever. It’s only been 7 months though. Only.

Engine sounds great, but I’m already regretting the poly motor and transmission mounts. They are transmitting some wicked vibrations to the inside of the car. I’m not sure if I need to play around with torque on them, so I’ll give them a chance before back-tracking.

Just got it aligned this morning–after all the suspension mucking with dropping the subframe and replacing the front control arms & bushings, my front toe was +1.5″.. you should have seen how unstable it was when I was driving to the alignment place. Kept me on my toes, for sure.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”RobP” post=512]I’m looking forward to seeing an avus blue m3 running in A group.

;)[/quote]

We won’t recognize you! I’m glad you’re all sorted out Rob!

[quote=”Louv” post=513]I’m looking forward to a head-to-head C-Class ass-kicking competition: 1989 750iL vs. 2011 ActiveE.[/quote]

That’s the spirit!

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”Louv” post=513]I’m looking forward to a head-to-head C-Class ass-kicking competition: 1989 750iL vs. 2011 ActiveE.[/quote]
    +1, a great competition of old and new.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=”buraddo” post=511]I assume you are running 255’s all around so you don’t have the e46 problem of staggered tire width.. But you do have those pesky front wheel trying to drive the car around.

Does the RS have a sport setting or the like to change the amount of torque front to rear ?[/quote]

Yup. The car is bone stock. definitely has the sport setting, but that doesn’t do crap to the diffs 🙁

Does the following though:

mag ride stiffened, exhaust fully opened, crisper throttle response.

Also, I will be attending the event on Sunday in my ’95 Boston Green M3, but I was having major login issues and was unable to update my car classification and number in the system, so it is showing me driving with my 97 Miata lol.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.