Car classing / TDS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Charlie Davis
    Participant

I’ve been told that I have an error in my car classing. I added points for adjustable spring perches and rear swaybar. Some interpret the rules to indicate that a car with both only adds points for the perches. True? If so, I should be at less than the 80 points I’ve been running with. In Gonzo, it doesn’t matter, but at TDS I’d rather have the correct amount of points.

I looked at my classification, and the chart shows 80. But when I go to details, there are things that are wrong, and it shows 73. I can’t seem to get my classification to delete so I can do it correctly. Ideas?

Charlie

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Charlie –
    You may classify as many cars as you want to in the system, but only one can be active at a time. I suggest you go thru the classification again and see how the 2nd one points out.

I don’t see any points for shocks – are you running stock shocks? Rear sway bar should only be selected if you’re not running an adjustable spring setup.

Looking at your data, I suspect you classed as AAA and chose to run in Gonzo using the “Want to run your car in a higher or non-competitive class? Select it here” feature. Doing so shows you in the list as Gonzo with the minimum points for the class which is 80. But looking at your details shows the actual points you classed with. I’ve looked at others I know of who run in a higher class than their car points out as and they show the same way.

I will mention this to Kris and Matt as it seems we should add some notation to the details view that indicates this for clarity.

For TDS your actual points will be used when adjusting times, so we ask that everyone be certain to verify they are properly classed before registration closes.

Charlie Davis
    Participant

So, I was able to delete previous classifications. On the actual chart, I get 78 points, including 3 points for declared horsepower. When I look at my “Details” it comes up 5 points for the declared hp, and a total of 80 points. Which is correct?

Kris Linquist
    Participant

[quote=”CharlieDavis” post=2040]So, I was able to delete previous classifications. On the actual chart, I get 78 points, including 3 points for declared horsepower. When I look at my “Details” it comes up 5 points for the declared hp, and a total of 80 points. Which is correct?[/quote]

Charlie,

80 points is correct. There was a bug in my javascript that wasn’t using the “LSD equipped car” values for additional HP points. The bug has been fixed.

-Kris

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Thanks Kris!

Charlie Davis
    Participant

Now all I have to do is figure out how to beat Mac and Justin’s 74 point car by a half second…

Justin Tsang
    Participant

Just don’t brake

Don Louv
    Participant

Advance Warning, I’m (hopefully) gonna need points classing for an i3 for next season. (not the ’13 TDS)

Much lighter than the ActiveE, but tires on the i3 are tall, skinny, and kinda like driving on four compact spares.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”Louv” post=2069]Advance Warning, I’m (hopefully) gonna need points classing for an i3 for next season. (not the ’13 TDS)

Much lighter than the ActiveE, but tires on the i3 are tall, skinny, and kinda like driving on four compact spares.[/quote]

I’m thinking 80 base points. 👿

Don Louv
    Participant

Seems legit. 😛

I can’t wait to see the i8 base points!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.