April 7, 2013 – Fun Run Event at Candlestick

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion April 7, 2013 – Fun Run Event at Candlestick

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Registration for the Sunday 4/7/13 Fun Run Event at Candlestick will open at Midnight tonight. There is a small price increase due to the added expense of running at this very popular venue – but it’s less than the cost of gas to drive down to Marina and back. ๐Ÿ™‚

This is our only event at Candlestick this year and due to the convenience of the location, we do expect it will sell out all 100 spots. Register early and bring your friends!

Autocross Registration link:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/0CEC2BD9-A686-A423-1DA22D4C753A775D

The day before, Saturday April 6th, the Club will hold a Car Control Clinic. This double header weekend is an awesome opportunity for first timers or novice autocrossers to get a whole day of in-car instruction followed by more practice on Sunday. Of course we’ll have our talented coaches on hand Sunday to continue your learning.

Car Control Clinic Registration link:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/BEE5E9B5-07DB-B217-299C294A12063DAC

CCC’s sell out wicked fast, so if you want in, get signed up ASAP!

Mark Mervich
    Participant

So, what’s the plan for this event? I’m looking for a reason to take the Formula Ford to Candlestick. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Mark

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

The plan is… the usual plan. A great course, run groups and worker assignments, tons of newbies and lots of fun… without the competition part. We will also have a demo of some new software we’re looking at so people can see live results on their mobile devices.

Run groups will be randomly assigned by me. Bribes are accepted. ๐Ÿ™‚

————————-
    [b]We need buddy and coach volunteers! As of today I have 22 first timers and 31 folks asking for coaches.[/b]

If you can help out, please let me know. We’re going to need at least 11 buddies and 16 coaches.

Cliff Oates
    Participant

[quote=”jeffroberts” post=1181]We will also have a demo of some new software we’re looking at so people can see live results on their mobile devices.[/quote]

B)

an nguyen
    Participant

i can help assuming no heavy rain forecast =)

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

We have a sold out crowd joining us on Sunday! Here is the course and site map.

If you want to be sure to have one for yourself, please print and bring with you.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Bring it on, I’m ready ๐Ÿ™‚
    Mark

an nguyen
    Participant

can spectators be passengers? thanks

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”everbruin” post=1248]can spectators be passengers? thanks[/quote]

Yes, provided five conditions are met:

1) passenger is 18 or over, waiver signed (all will sign as they enter the gate)
    2) Under 18, minor waiver signed, notarized AND 4′ 9″ tall or taller
    3) they wear a properly installed Snell 2005 or newer helmet.
    4) driver is an experienced autocrosser and/or has been signed off by coach or coordinator
    5) each passenger has their own exit door – no rear-seat passengers in coupes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.