6cyl turbo in C?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Efrain Alers
    Participant

Congratulations to all winners for all categories and let’s continue to make this events more crowded inviting others and promote the GGC events.

That said I have questions for the organizers to consider for next year rules.

Should there be 6 cylinder turbo cars in C (i.e. M235i, M240i) as they’re in the same category with their 4 cylinder brothers (i.e. 228i, 230i) with more than 100hp difference between them.

In full disclosure I own a 228i THP.

Thanks for your consideration and let the discussion begin!!!

Efrain

Jeremy Nuger
    Participant

Just drive faster 😉

Actual answer – I used to drive C class in my 228i before they consolidated the classes. There were too few drivers in C and it just wasn’t competitive – not to mention the 228i was dramatically faster than all the other cars in C class. So personally I am in favor of consolidating the classes. Is the 228i undergunned compared to the 235i? Maybe a little, but it actually doesn’t make as much difference as you’d think.

Grant Mahler
    Participant

The classes were combined to increase competitors per class, as Jeremy mentioned.

Within class, the times are indexed based on car points to accommodate differences between vehicles. Differences include not only power but vehicle weight, tire size, differentials or lack thereof, front vs rear drive, x/s-drive, and related topics.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.