October 16, 2016 at 3:40 pm #9325Jeff RobertsKeymaster
The Top Driver Shootout (TDS) is an end of season competition for the coveted Fechner Cup, but also a thank you to you, our dedicated members, who participated in our 2016 Autocross Series. The course is run in two different directions and the top drivers from each run group move on to a shoot-out round where they drive a loop-back version. Between the morning and afternoon driving sessions we enjoy a catered BBQ lunch and present awards to our class winners. Come join us for this very special and uber fun event!
TDS will be held at Marina Airport on Saturday November 5, 2016. This is an invite only event for all participants who attended three or more regular season autocrosses during the 2016 season. All eligible persons will receive an e-mail with the private link to register. The eligibility list is below.
Driver cost is $75. This includes a catered BBQ lunch (not optional) served on actual tables & chairs! If you would like to come as a NON-DRIVER, you may register for $30. Additional guest BBQ lunches may be added for $30 each.
PLEASE NOTE: Those of you who drove in X-Class are invited and welcome to attend and compete, but you must drive a BMW or Mini to do so. You don’t need to go out and buy one, share with a friend if you want to drive. For those of you who wish to attend as spectators and share in the catered BBQ only, a NON-DRIVER option is available.
Non-registered spectators will not be allowed entry to the event.
Registration will open at Motorsportreg.com at noon on Monday, October 24, 2016. THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO 60 DRIVERS.
2016 TDS RULES
1. You must drive a BMW or Mini at this event!
2. All drivers will randomly pick a run group when you check in on the morning of the event. You will not be allowed to switch run groups. You will run in the run group you randomly choose from the hat.
3. Once you have your run group, you will sign up for a work assignment. The earlier you arrive, the better chance you have to get the work assignment you want. Everyone must select a work assignment.
4. Multi-driver cars will be separated into different run groups. A car may only run once per run group. Therefore a maximum of two drivers may share a car (as there are only 2 run groups).
5. When you sign in, you need to let the registration people know who you are sharing a car with so they make sure you run in different groups.
6. There will be no driver coaches or passengers allowed at this event.
7. At 8:30am on the morning of the TDS, the points assigned to your car is official and is what will be used to adjust your run times. You may not make changes to the car that will increase the point value of the car after check-in has closed on the morning of the TDS. You may make changes that will decrease the point value of the car, however the points assigned to the car will not change.
8. If you are driving a car that is different than what you have classified, then your times will be disqualified. You must be in our computer system with the correct car and the correct car points prior to check-in closing or your times will not count.
9. If you are late for the start of the driver meeting at 8:30am the morning of the TDS, you will not be allowed to run. No exceptions!
2016 TDS FORMAT
1. There will be two run groups.
2. Each group will run in the morning and then again in the afternoon. We’ll enjoy lunch in between and trophies for class winners will be presented. If you’re not present to receive your trophy, we will make arrangements to get your award to you.
3. There will be 4 runs in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. Note that all runs are official runs, no practice runs.
4. We will reconfigure and run the course in the opposite direction in the afternoon.
5. Your fastest morning run will be combined with your fastest afternoon run. Times will be adjusted based on your car’s points using the TDS formula ((60/59.901) ^ points) * time * 0.85.
6. The top 5 drivers from each run group (determined as described in # 5) will move on to the final shoot-out round to compete for the coveted Fechner Cup.
7. The course will be reconfigured again for the shoot-out round.
8. If you’re not competing in the shootout round, we ask that you stick around and volunteer to work the course and cheer on your friends as they compete for the Fechner Cup.
9. The finalists will assemble on the grid and run the modified loop-back course thru three rotations of the grid = three timed runs. The driver with the fastest adjusted time will be crowned Top Driver!
NOTE: The number of drivers who advance and final run count may change between the time of this post and the actual event. The team needs to discuss logistics as last year we ran out of daylight sooner than expected. The event write-up on MSR, and the confirmation you receive when you register, will contain the final decision on rules for the event.
The following folks have attended three or more regular season GGC Autocross events in 2016 and therefore qualify to register for TDS on 11/5/2016.
If you are not on this list and think you should be, please contact us so we can look into it. Remember too, anyone who attended (BMW, MINI or X-Class drivers) will receive an invitation, but everyone must drive a BMW or MINI at TDS.
First Last Event Count Rachel Abril 3 David Bashford 7 Paul Berton 5 Phillip Blacklock 6 Paul Brancato 5 Athena Brekke 3 Dennis Bronnikov 3 Petrina Burkard 4 Fred Campbell 5 Kevin Charles 4 Zay Chen 3 Brian Cheung 5 Jeff Cowan 3 Andy Daniels 7 Marc Digiovanni 4 Michael Do Couto 5 Bob Dooley 5 Diane Dorton 4 Hal Dorton 4 Christopher Driggett 6 Dave Dunwoodie 4 Christian Duvivier 5 Andy Echenique 4 Matthew Farnham 7 Chris Fountain 6 Teddy Framhein 7 Lorin Frank 6 Baron Garger 4 Gary Gehiere 4 Dana Gleason 7 Hayden Hall 3 Lula Hebb 7 Bastian Herr 3 Jim Hildreth 7 Jennifer Houng 4 Shan Huang 6 Tim Huang 4 Hung-Jen Hung 3 Forrest Iandola 3 Ricardo Jamin 5 Al Kaehler 5 Bharat Kalyanaraman 4 Majid Khan 5 Romsin Khoshabian 3 Liam Kimble 5 Michael Kolesar 5 Stephen Kolesar 3 Eric Lam 3 Juven Lat 6 Sven Lavine 6 Katherine Lewis 4 Markus Lewtschuk 7 Nathan Lewtschuk 4 Henry Loh 3 Carson Lowther 3 Tim Lydon 6 Ross Maguire 4 Grant Mahler 5 Aaron Mandle 5 Jeff McCormick 5 Lauren McCormick 3 Sterling McLane 3 Joe Mercado 7 Sasha Mestetsky 4 Nigel Mott 6 Chris Murray 3 Alex Neylan 4 Steven Nguyen 4 Matt Nowzari 3 Cliff Oates 6 Paul Oeschger 3 Michael Orton 3 Brock Parsons 4 Greg Perez 6 Robert Powers 4 Praneil Prasad 4 Ovidiu Predescu 6 Ed Racer 6 Scott James Remnant 4 Matthew Rich 5 Ryan Rich 6 Bill Richter 6 Eric Ries 7 Joseph Rivers 5 Jeff Roberts 6 Reinier Rosado 3 Dmitry Semibratov 7 Alexei Shlychkov 6 Ben Silva 4 Gurinder Singh 6 Kevin Sinh 3 Marland Sitt 4 Rafael Soto 6 Dave Sparks 6 Tim Sproul 3 Brian Stanaway 4 William Stanaway 6 Steven Sullivan 4 Nir Szilagyi 4 Mitchell Tilson 3 Harminder Toor 6 Dwight Townsend 3 Benjamin Trunnell 3 Jonathan Ulco 3 Armando Villanueva 7 Matthew Visser 6 Timothy Woo 3 Utku Yilmaz 4 Jack Yu 6
October 20, 2016 at 8:14 pm #9338Jeff RobertsKeymaster
- This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
Invitations have gone out!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.