2016 M-sport suspension classification

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 2016 M-sport suspension classification

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Nuger
    Participant

I have a 2016 228i convertible with M-sport package. How do I classify the springs/shocks in the classification tool? Are these “base” or “sport” springs/shocks? For reference, the M235i, which comes with adaptive M suspension, gets auto-classified with “sport” springs/shocks. But my suspension is a little different (non-adaptive). Not sure how different the springs/shocks are.

While I’m at it, can anyone confirm that the 2016 zf 8 speed transmission classifies as “steptronic”?

Rob Powers
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

If you have a sport package, you have sport springs. They typically lower the ride height a little and increase the stiffness from the standard springs, so your car handles better (and therefore you get points added in the classifier)

For the 2-series, there are 3 transmission options:
    6-Speed Manual, 8-Speed auto, 7-speed DCT auto
    Since you have the 8 speed, you have the automatic. All BMW automatics from the
    early/mid 2000’s are Steptronic (meaning you can put it in “Manual” mode and electronically shift the gears).

Hope this helps!

-Rob

Jeremy Nuger
    Participant

Thanks, Rob — that does help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.