07/13/14 – Autocross #4 Course Map

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 07/13/14 – Autocross #4 Course Map

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here you go! If you would like to ensure a print out for yourself, bring one from home. We will only have limited copies available at the event.

Gurinder Singh
    Participant

I have been checking the forum for the course map since morning. Guess I am the first one to see it on the forum after you posted Jeff. Been two months since I autocrossed. Just can’t wait for the Sunday.

The Slalom looks exciting. I am sure the cone work at station 5 has do a lot of cone shagging, especially the cone in the center would need some additional care.

Gurinder

Andy Daniels
    Participant

Looks like there’s a little trap for the unwary in the middle of that slalom.

It’ll be interesting to see if my decent showing last month was just a fluke.

Michael Kolesar
    Participant

This one sure looks fun, man I go away for a couple months in the summer and you have two really fun looking courses. I am so jealous.

ricardo jamin
    Participant

Looks like a fun course. I wish it on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Jack Yu

July Autocross Course

Continuing in the tradition from last month, here are my notes again. I ended up with a 42.0xx.

Would love to hear feedback as I think I there was room for improvement in my times. I did not improve after my 4th run. I think this course was very technical and punished you heavily for over-driving, but overall very challenging!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Jack Yu.
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Yup! Pretty much what I did, except for the right hander before the first real straight. I went out wider than your line suggests.

The course rewarded smoothness and a tight line. I cleaned things up on my last run after struggling for a few runs and dropped .5 seconds.

My coachee in RG3 did exactly the same and his last run was something like .6s faster than his previous. I may have been more excited than he was.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

I found this course to be all about patience. My line in the big right hand sweeper (showcase) next to the finish was quite a bit wider keeping my speed up and tail braking into the right turn staying close to the right side.

Jack Yu

Yep, both of you are right, I don’t think anyone got that close to that corner, including myself. I just did the computerized line as the shortest possible route, but sometimes, it needs to be adjusted to maximize speed.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

My shortest distance lines are often faster unless I can get some speed in certain sections. “Drive the fast stuff fast and slow stuff slow.”

John Kim
    Participant

Looks like fun. Sorry I missed it. Went hiking then to watch the World Cup final instead.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.