Welcome to our new forum!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Hal Dorton
    Participant

Olivia has a new windshield, calipers, rotors/pads, lower adjustable control arms, ball joints, body reinforcements, oil cooler and R-Comps.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

People be gettin’ serious with the maintenance and repairs!

Brad Vaughan
    Participant

Damn serious. I think I might even work out why the front wheel is rattling over bumps.. Maybe even open the hood 🙂

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Share what you find out, will you? Mine is doing the same thing, but nothing was found during my last track day tech inspection. I know it’s not FCABs as those are new.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”Hal” post=39]Olivia has a new windshield, calipers, rotors/pads, lower adjustable control arms, ball joints, body reinforcements, oil cooler and R-Comps.[/quote]
    R-Comps, woo hoo.
    Mark

Michael Martin
    Participant

Oh are we all talking about what we’re doing in preparation for this season?

I got me some AST4150s to put on with Vorshlag GTS springs (550/650). Poly FCABs. Vorshlag camber plates and AST RSMs. VAC oil pan baffle and oil pump upgrade (keeps the retaining nut from falling off). UUC System U exhaust. Upgraded anti-roll bars. And fog light deletes.

The car is much improved but the driver most certainly is not!

Hal Dorton
    Participant

Clunking can be the wheel bearing, FCAB, and even your sway bar end links. Get the car in the air and bang the tire with a rubber mallet. You’ll hear the rattle.

Brad Vaughan
    Participant

So the clunking (more a clanging) was just a clip fell off something after the pads and rotors were replaced.

I say clanging because it was a very tinny sound and I could not feel anything in steering wheel. In fact I could not even hear it unless I wound down the passenger side window and ran over the cats eyes (I think the call them that in the US) on the road.

Wasn’t a big drama.. But we are good to go.. Tires are on the last legal mm’s, so they should just be perfect for the test and tune 🙂

B

Hal Dorton
    Participant

Olivia ran BSP in the SCCA last weekend and was .18 sec off the pace of a national champion. This next year should be fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.