We won!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Fountain
    Participant

I am happy to report that the GGC was well represented at the silver state classic challenge with a first place win in class!

Props to Nigel for his outstanding navigation

Markus Lewtschuk
    Participant

Nice! This is filled to the rim with awesome!! Congratulations!!

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Congrats! Can’t wait to hear all about it, guys!

Matthew Visser
    Participant

Nice! That is an event on my bucket list. Driving crazy fast on public roads would be blast!

Teddy Framhein
    Participant

Congratulations, guys!

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the kind words. Our time error was 0.13 seconds against a target of 54:00.000 minutes, yielding an average speed of 99.996mph. Kudos to Chris for his speed control, especially during the long downhill run into the finish. We do not have our speed trap result yet, but we believe we were up around 121mph. The maximum speed, called ‘tech speed,’ allowed for the 100mph class is 124mph.

This a totally unique event and I would absolutely recommend it. It does require an investment of time (5-6 days) and money (a bit higher than a GGC HPDE week-end.) Car preparation is similar to HPDE, but with a couple of differences.

I’ll write an article for a future eBombe to explain a bit more about the event.

Chris and I are already discussing competing in the fiercely contested 110mph class next year (30th anniversary) and it would be great if GGC had additional representation..!

Athena Brekke
    Participant

Congratulations!! Way to go!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.