[vid] 4/7/13 candlestick

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Cliff Oates
    Participant

[quote=”btwyx” post=1264]Can you manually focus, or prefocus? The autofocus on my camera’s a little iffy, so I’ll usually pre-focus on somewhere I’m expecting the car to be and keep the focus locked in (half press of the shutter button) until the car arrives in the frame. Cones make a reasonable thing to focus on. If the camera’s having a really bad day or I’ll be taking lots of the same shot I’ll switch it to manual focus and lock it in for good. (And try to remember to turn the AF back on when I’ve finished.)[/quote]

The EM-5 in continuous high only focuses for the first shot in a sequence, so providing the car doesn’t move away or towards the camera much after focus was acquired it was ok. So I would acquire, then spray and pray. That is essentially a form of prefocusing. I am used to shooting motorsports with a D700 and it tracks moving objects quite well. This Olympus is a very different camera.

Barry Twycross
    Participant

If anyone has any video of run group 4, on which you can hear the commentary, I’d be interested. That was me commenting and the wife is interested to hear what it sounded like as she couldn’t make it yesterday.

Michael Kolesar
    Participant

Here are some videos of mine. Also Nick in Run Group 3 if you would like the videos that I had of your coaching sessions send a PM and I will get you the links. -Mike

Looking backwards so I can count how many cones I hit
    [video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]VWkqNooYLl8[/video]

And my fastest at 53.0
    [video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]XHKgRYccpTw[/video]

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.