URGENT: Future of Marina Autocross Site

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion URGENT: Future of Marina Autocross Site

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Folks –
    I want to alert you to an important meeting that is taking place in Marina on Friday 1/4 at 5:30pm. The future use of Marina Airport for any event is under fire and we risk losing our home site. I have rearranged my schedule so I can attend, but if any of you are free and can come to show support, please come down!

If you think you want to go, please reply to the thread. We probably don’t need 300 people there, but a few to represent would be helpful. Especially those of you who run with more than just our club.

Jeff

————————————————————————————————————————-
    Hi Everyone,
    Marina’s Community Development Director has ordered us, Marina Motorsports, to “cease or terminate activities scheduled in 2013 until a new permit is issued”. The Community Development Director has already chased Bay Karters out of the airport and it’s my understanding that Skydive Monterey Bay may also be on the chopping block as well. The Community Development Director is also considering charging fees for the users of the tarmac in addition to the fee charged Marina Motorsports.

Marina Motorsports, Inc. a 501(c)(4) California corporation has been successfully renting the Southeast tarmac since 1995 and we would like to apply again for a two year use permit for the year 2013 and continuing through December 31, 2014. We previously had a two year permit from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2011.

Mayor Delgado has called a special city council meeting to deal with this situation for tomorrow night starting at 5:30 in the city hall council chambers.
    211 Hillcrest Ave.
    Marina CA 93933

Since I’ve been event chairman and treasurer we have donated $130,000 to local charities. We would appreciate you or a representative of your group going to the meeting to support our continued use of the airport. The meeting could affect not only the groups that use the site and the charities we donate to, but also all our vendors.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.