Share C-Class car?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Henry Loh
    Keymaster

Hello guys.. LONG TIME NO SEE!

Looks like I probably won’t be able to fix my car in time (I have Friday only to replace subframe mounts and diff mount – I’m almost certain the diff mount is gone because when I engine brake it feels like a small jack hammer hitting the trunk).

So, are there any C-class guys/gals out there willing to share a ride with me???

Henry

David Bashford
    Participant

Sure, assuming my car lasts until then 🙂 (No reason it shouldn’t beyond the fact that it’s a 15 year old car, and I commute through deer country.)

Hal Dorton
    Participant

We don’t race until the 7/13. Bring it to one of the shops to replace it.

Henry Loh
    Keymaster

Sweet! Thank you David! Hopefully Jeff & Crew won’t be too mad if/when I need to make registration changes. Man, it’s been TOO LONG since my last autocross… I can’t wait!

Hal, thanks for the offer. After this trip I probably won’t be able to afford professional installation :oP. Honestly, I’m one of those weirdos that loves getting my hands dirty to get an end product (plus, I learn more about suspension when I dive in and do it myself). It’s just unfortunate that I have so little time. What can I say? I love being able to say “Yeah, I did that” (usually preceded by a lot of cussing and asking “What the **** am I doing?!?!”).

I’m flying out of the country Saturday (to an Island cluster that likely wont have wifi) and returning on the 9th in LA (driving the Miata back to the Bay). I’m going to try to get back early Thursday, take a nap, and hopefully will have 1.5 days to get it done!

David Bashford
    Participant

Henry, let me know what the plan is, when you know.
    my email is my first name at my last name dot org.

Henry Loh
    Keymaster

David. Thanks again for volunteering your car. Much appreciated!! Had a chance to look under my car to see what was going on and uhhh…. I think the passenger side reaer axle partially popped out of the diff explains the noise and knocking!!! I just hope the Diff isn’t damaged…. Now to source a replacement axle. Yay! Can’t believe new is $300!!!!! Debating if it’s worth it.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/117127400237549030928/posts/PpqYWLvkDFK?pid=6038330824134823714&oid=117127400237549030928

https://plus.google.com/u/0/117127400237549030928/posts/hzDb8wGytyh?pid=6038329099227659346&oid=117127400237549030928

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Henry Loh. Reason: Pic link
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Henry Loh.
    David Bashford
    Participant

My pleasure! I’ve finally started climbing the ranks of C class and I owe a lot of that to your coaching, so it wasn’t a one-way deal.

Also thanks to Jack and his coaching in June!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.