Results?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jack Yu

What is the SCCA index based on? Sorry, I have no clue on anything SCCA related.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

SCCA has thousands of samples throughout the year from all classes. Every year the class pAX value is changed based on the last years outcome. At the National level the top 100 cars might be separated by an adjusted .5 seconds. Their goal is to handicap the entire field for the same adjusted time. AAS and UFO use the same PAX system as well. I calculate based on Praneil and Justin’s times our BSP car should have 97 points instead of 106. That would give the win to Justin by the same percentage as the SCCA index.

Jack Yu

If you are going down 9 points, then so am I !

Hal Dorton
    Participant

Maybe…

Your car is more like an under prepared STU class car at .846. To be competitive in class you need the engine mods and lightening. Light exhaust, headers, a tune, light weight seats.

You were 5.993% slower than Justin using the STX to STU PAX adjustments. Your 50.276 raw time adjusts to a 48.770 in the BMWCCA system but to equal SCCA it should have been a 49.398 or 88 points instead of 80 points.

Your example is tough because the car is not prepped to the highest levels within the SCCA class.

Jack Yu

Nah, I think the biggest mod I can do is drive better. I watched some of the recent videos, and I am certainly not reaching the limits of the car compared to the faster drivers. I should be at edge of the slip point at all times, and I’m not…playing it too safe. Hell I didn’t even hit a cone…which means I’m not driving hard enough.

Michael Costa
    Participant

Wow, I get the feeling that class B is going to be very competitive this year. With my first born daughter on the way, looks like I won’t get a chance to be a part of the dog fight this year for a season podium finish. The kid is a good excuse to upgrade my wife’s Scion beater to an X1, so she’s not totally cramping my car style. I hear that you need to get your kid in a go-cart by age 4.

In case I don’t show up too much more this year, it was really great learning and competing with everyone! I really enjoyed it. It’s also been interesting to run into AutoX people at other track events. I’ll be at the advanced car control clinic if anyone else is going. That knowledge will come in too late!

Justin Tsang
    Participant

Hal, the point system doesn’t always reconcile with SCCA system. I remember having more points than Praneil’s STU M3 last year. Just keep working on the car and driving, there should be more speed out of a BSP prepped M3.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

Fully prepped cars make the best data points because the PAX number is fully exploited. You then have to add up the points…

We made two changes after the BMWCCA event and Praneil feels that after Oakland’s SCCA event we have her dialed in but the adjusted times are skewed dramatically.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.