Props to our June Bombe contributors!

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion Props to our June Bombe contributors!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Received my Bombe today and found two excellent articles contributed by autocross regulars. Eric Ries wrote up his first Cars ‘n’ Coffee event and gave a shout out to the autocross program. Don Louv wrote an engaging article with great photos on his first autocross in his BMW ActiveE.

Nice job you guys!

Don Louv
    Participant

Thanks Jeff.

A slightly longer, expanded version of the ActiveE Autocross article will show up in Roundel soon also.

Jack Yu

Yep just read both articles first….great writing you guys!

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Don,
    Looks like the R compounds worked out well πŸ™‚ If you are not careful, someone will start lobbying to move you up to B. πŸ˜‰
    Mark

Don Louv
    Participant

[quote=”AutoXer” post=440]Don,
    Looks like the R compounds worked out well πŸ™‚ If you are not careful, someone will start lobbying to move you up to B. πŸ˜‰
    Mark[/quote]

Mark,
    Yup the R-Compounds are good.
    We should get a few more ActiveE’s out there to see if it’s me, or the tires, or the car. (my money is on the car… πŸ˜‰

Matthew Visser
    Participant

[quote=”Louv” post=441]
    We should get a few more ActiveE’s out there to see if it’s me, or the tires, or the car. (my money is on the car… ;-)[/quote]

It will be great to have a few other drivers with the ActiveE. We are watching the results carefully so we can adjust the base points for next season. We plugged in the ActiveE specs as best we could to get a base points number but I get the feeling the way we classify gas engine cars does not apply well to electric cars. We will only know for sure once we get a few pioneering electric car users out to the autox so we can compare to real world results. Thanks for the additional work. πŸ˜›

Don Louv
    Participant

Alternately, you could put me into another car, and have me run the course.

Or, put a few other drivers in my ActiveE and see how they do.

Matthew Visser
    Participant

[quote=”Louv” post=446]Alternately, you could put me into another car, and have me run the course.

Or, put a few other drivers in my ActiveE and see how they do.[/quote]

Either would be good and both would be better. We can do that next time we have fun runs.

We just need to make sure you can get home without having to spend any more time at your home-away-from-home (aka Walgreens). πŸ˜‰

Don Louv
    Participant

Yeah, the nearest Charging Stations to CandleStick are 6 miles away in South City.
    One at Walgreens, and 4 at the City garage.

You can find me napping there, the few hours prior to the next AutoX.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

LOL.
    Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.