Open source’d the classification system

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion Open source’d the classification system

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kris Linquist
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Had a few small bugs out of the gate (mostly related to combining user data with ggcbmwcca.org’s main [joomla] CMS), but I think the system is up and working fairly well now, what do you think?

I didn’t re-use a single line of code from the old system – this is all new. I’ve completely open-sourced the system so you can see what is behind the scenes.

I’m not a coder by profession, just a hobbyist :). My stuff is messy most of the time.

I’d like to make this a bit more mobile friendly, that’s my only to-do list at the moment. Anything you’d like to see out of the system?

Here it is: https://github.com/klinquist/GGCAutocross

Rob Powers
    Participant

Hi Kris,

Is there a way to edit your car’s info once you save it? It looks like right now you have to create a new profile and delete the original one…

Kris Linquist
    Participant

[quote=”RobP” post=1235]Hi Kris,

Is there a way to edit your car’s info once you save it? It looks like right now you have to create a new profile and delete the original one…[/quote]

Hi Rob, that is correct – no way to edit a car. I don’t think the system is complex enough (meaning.. re-classifying can be done in a minute or two) to warrant an edit function.

-Kris

Rob Powers
    Participant

Makes sense.. probably worth adding a 1-liner message to that effect on the car list screen.

Thanks for putting in the effort to build the classifier!

Kris Linquist
    Participant

[quote=”RobP” post=1237]Makes sense.. probably worth adding a 1-liner message to that effect on the car list screen.[/quote]

Done, and you’re welcome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.