Lockheed Martin AX at Marina – May 17

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion Lockheed Martin AX at Marina – May 17

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Chris Fountain
    Participant

The Lockheed Martin Sports Car Club is holding an autocross at Marina on Sunday, May 17. We are a small club that comes to Marina just once a year, in order to “stretch our legs on a large tarmac.” Because it’s a small club, we invite guests to come help defray the costs of renting Marina. It’s a low-stress, have-fun / test & tune kind of day, held on an American Autocross (AAS)-style of course.

We are inviting some like-minded clubs to come join in on the fun. The entry fee will be $40.

It will be a pretty quick course, with five laps per driver guaranteed, maybe more. Since the turn-out will be fairly light compared to SCCA or AAS, there should be ample opportunity for extra runs.

This will be run in the standard AAS format — 2 run groups (RG’s) in the AM, 2 in the PM. Registration will open at 8 AM, first drivers’ meeting at ~ 9:15 AM. Second drivers’ meeting at ~ 1:15. If you run, you need to work one run group. Normally, RG’s 1 and 2 run and work for each other; RG’s 3 and 4 do the same.

You are welcome to enter in both the AM and PM (as long as you pay twice and work once in each session). All times will be entered and displayed (in Excel spreadsheet format) on the LMSCC web page a few days after the event.

If you have any questions, contact (Stuart Calhoon): cell – (650 465-5523; or stuv…@gmail.com.

Set-up will occur from 7 – 9 AM, and all help is appreciated

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know about this event Chris. Sounds like fun!

Chris Fountain
    Participant

Anyone from GGC planning on joining the LM sport car club AX this weekend? They’re trying to get a rough idea of the total head count for the event.

Andy Daniels
    Participant

Tempting, but Dana and I have a previous engagement Sunday.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Chris. I’ll be there.

Chris Fountain
    Participant

Nigel – do you expect to run in the morning, afternoon or both? Also, need yor email so I can send you event info about registration process once you get there.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Chris. Certainly morning. Possibly afternoon (50/50). e:mail is nigelmott@comcast.net

Andy Daniels
    Participant

How’d it go?

Chris Fountain
    Participant

I’d say pretty well. If you stayed for both the morning and afternoon sessions, you ran 10 times. Course was a 50-55 second course and reasonably challenging. TTOD was in the low 47s IIRC. We had around 50 individuals driving. I think we had at least 5 GGC regulars.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

I would echo Chris’s comment. A fun day. A nice set of folks and a laid back vibe. I’d say the course was a little more open than a typical GGC course, which allowed the guys with horsepower to whip their mules. The blue vette that tussled with Dave at the last GGC event was TTD. I believe two other vettes also broke 50 seconds along with a Nissan 350 and a ‘Legends’ race car.

One of the folks (Stewart) was hustling an E30 through the course with vigor and I suggested he might enjoy a future GGC event with our E30 drivers. Mary Pozzi was on hand for most of the event and did a lot of coaching, which was neat.

Gurinder Singh
    Participant

Hi Nigel,

Good to know you went to Lockheed AX and got some extra practice. I will let Rafael know about it 😉

I am glad to see you made note of the e30 driver. Hope you told him that there is a fair amount of e30 presence in GGC events. Hope Stewart joins us. I won’t be autocrossing with GGC this weekend but hope to see you all in June.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Gurinder. We missed you at GGC AX3. Hope you are OK. I let Rafael know about the Lockheed AX, but he had a family commitment. Sometimes life just gets in the way of Autocrossing! I think Stewart would enjoy running with the GGC E30 drivers, so I hope he does come to an event. Also hope to see you in June. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.