January 19, 2013 – Course Rewind Fun Event

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion January 19, 2013 – Course Rewind Fun Event

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

October has a very strong lead and there are only a handful of spots left at this point. I’m really psyched at the response to this event!

Tim… looks like we have another IS-F registered. Someone you referred maybe?

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Looking good. Who is in charge of the weather? πŸ˜‰
    Mark

Marc
    Participant

looks like a great turnout for this one – cant wait!

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”AutoXer” post=991]Who is in charge of the weather? πŸ˜‰
    Mark[/quote]

Des Toups
    Participant

Looks like I’m too late. What’s the cap on the event entries?

Aleksey Kadukin
    Participant

[quote=”AutoXer” post=991]Looking good. Who is in charge of the weather? πŸ˜‰
    Mark[/quote]
    According to weather.com:

Day Jan 19
    Sunny
    63Β°F High
    Chance of rain: 0%
    Wind: NE at 3 mph
    Humidity: 65%
    UV Index: 3 – Moderate

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”des” post=1005]Looks like I’m too late. What’s the cap on the event entries?[/quote]

You’re in. After talking with the team, we decided we can safely handle 60 and still have a good chance at 12 runs each for this event, so I moved 10 folks from the waitlist this morning. If others are interested you should still sign up in case we get cancellations next Wednesday.

For our regular season competition events that start on April 20th, we cap at 100.

We’ll be driving the October course. We’ll have three run groups of 20 cars each. Since this is not a competition, we won’t need as many workers and won’t have to worry about the timing system accuracy and all that – so I expect we will get thru the rotations quickly. And, if everyone is there early and we get the course setup fast, perhaps we can even start driving before 10am too!

And yes, the weather outlook is pretty darn awesome for January!

Cliff Oates
    Participant

[quote=”AK74″ post=1006][quote=”AutoXer” post=991]Looking good. Who is in charge of the weather? πŸ˜‰
    Mark[/quote]
    According to weather.com:

Day Jan 19
    Sunny
    63Β°F High
    Chance of rain: 0%
    Wind: NE at 3 mph
    Humidity: 65%
    UV Index: 3 – Moderate[/quote]

Sounds like August weather, only not as breezy πŸ™‚

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

I visited an old friend today… the truck and trailer… so I could take an inventory and collect the timing equipment and radios for charging. I have to say… I’m [u]really[/u] psyched for next week!

We may have to do it again in February! Pre-Season Test & Tune on 2/23 maybe? πŸ‘Ώ

John Kim
    Participant

I’m now on the waitlist, but if you already took in 10 people from the waitlist this morning, I’m guessing my chances of getting in are slim.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”jeffroberts” post=1017]I visited an old friend today… the truck and trailer… so I could take an inventory and collect the timing equipment and radios for charging. I have to say… I’m [u]really[/u] psyched for next week!

We may have to do it again in February! Pre-Season Test & Tune on 2/23 maybe? :evil:[/quote]

That would work very well. Drivers could stay overnight and do the 1st UFO event the next day. This is going to be a great season πŸ™‚ I should probably order another set of tires now πŸ˜‰
    Mark

Jeff, any other date for TT except 2/23 maybe? πŸ™‚

Cliff Oates
    Participant

77 people are signed up. Looks like we’re back to 3 run groups and 7-8 runs each.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”Cliff” post=1033]77 people are signed up. Looks like we’re back to 3 run groups and 7-8 runs each.[/quote]

Since I sold it on MSR as a 12 run event, it would not be fair to those who signed up early to increase the count by so many and reduce their driving time. Dave and I did the math and we feel we can handle 60 folks and still get 12 runs each. We will do three groups of 20.

I’m pleasantly surprised at the interest in a January event. I guess it’s true… if you build it, they will come! For the next one, I won’t limit registration to 60 and just run it like a regular event sans competition.

Simon, that is the only Saturday open that I can commit to an event. I do not have confirmation from Marina yet, but that is what I’m shooting for. Seems there is more than enough interest in these types of events.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

The winner by a landslide is October 2012. For those of you attending, here is the full resolution course map.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.