GGC Beginner Autocross School

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

You may have seen on the calender and updated info above that I snuck in a new event on July 18th, at a new venue – San Jose Flea Market. We’re excited to be working with them on this special event!

We’re working on the curriculum which will consist of teaching exercises in the morning and tons of practice runs in the afternoon. This will be a smaller event for 30 or so folks most likely.

Interested in teaching? Email us at autocross @ ggcbmwcca . org and let us know. If you’re one of our regular coaches, teach with our car control or programs, or with other groups, or you’ve attended the Evo Autocross Schools or other similar events, we want to hear from you.

You don’t have to know everything or be the fastest driver out there to be a good teacher, but you do need to be a good communicator and be able to feel why the car may or may not be doing what the driver wants it to do.

Nigel Mott
    Participant

Hi Jeff

e:mail sent. Just got home from Buttonwillow, where I turned to the dark side of the force for a day. There were a few other GGC offenders as well…. !

David Bashford
    Participant

Jeff, you described who would make a good coach, but who are your beginners? I’m thinking I’d get a lot out of an event like this!

Bill Richter
    Participant

I’m with David. I’ll have new wheels/tires to boot, and I’d definitely sign up to get some learning!

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

So guys, I want to now get back to you on your questions. The team met and we’re targeting students with 0-2 autocrosses under their belt. We will accept a max of 30 students for this first school.

I have a couple small last minute details to finalize this week and then I’ll open reg, target is Monday June 22nd.

I suggest you register with the understanding I’ll put you on hold while we see how things shake out. We want to give priority to newbies this first time around.

Keep in mind the week after will be our Test & Tune at Marina where we can work together on practice too. Tho not a teaching event per se, the format lends itself for less formal coaching from your cronies and staff. It’s a whole day of fun runs for car and driver swapping if you like.

Bill Richter
    Participant

Ok, I registered and understand that I may be denied due to n00b attendance requests, and I agree with that position. Since it’s local, I did volunteer to help with setup, and I could probably do that even if I’m not accepted.

I just need some edumacation to do battle with the likes of Nigel on a more even playing field! LOL

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Bill Richter.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.