FOUND: Looking for a co-driver in BSP

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion FOUND: Looking for a co-driver in BSP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hal Dorton
    Participant

Olivia is getting a fresh engine, transmission and differential. Suspension is done, fresh 275/35-17 R-Comps will be used. Car has been lightened to 3042lbs. She is built very close to the top of the BSP rules. I want a co-driver to share in the expenses of travel and maintenance items for the Regional and National SCCA events. If you win/trophy the contingency prizes are your to keep. The car will be ready and at the Feb 10 SCCA Boondoggle for her maiden voyage. PM me for more details.

Tony Holland
    Participant

No one wants to share the bill, plenty of good drivers in the club. Tax deductible???

Hal Dorton
    Participant

The Rebello race engine will be done by the end of the week. After breakin we’ll chasis dyno. Should be over 250rwph. Transmission and rearend were rebuilt as well. Suspension was rebuilt last year with custom valving. Olivia has been lightened over 120lbs already and we’re still considering some extreme measures for an additional 48lbs before Sep 2013. The car will be very competitive in BSP. The tires will cost $10/run. The travel expenses are minimal @ .15/mile. I’ll take care of getting the car to the venues with he new truck and enclosed 24′ trailer plus ALL scheduled maintenance. If the co-driver breaks it, they bought it so no hot dogging. I already talked to a couple of local champions that run street tire classes but they don’t have the money for extended tours like San Diego, Packwood or Lincoln. We will not consider a co-driver after the season starts in mid February.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

We are pleased to announce that John F from Fabmation will co-drive Olivia in BSP. He has several years under his belt in XP driving a MR2 spyder so should be right at home on R-Comps. Weighed (2968) corner balanced and aligned the car before road testing tonight for the first time with its new power plant. Still grinning.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.