Dunlop ZII’s are on tirerack!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Woo
    Participant

I’ve been running on RE11 275’s the last couple years and seems to be fine. The only real difference I see is the OD. Last I checked on TireRack’s site a few days ago there are a few spec discrepancies published (and I called it to their attention) – meas rim width which fell outside of the width range, and the load index shows a range higher than XL, but was marked SL at 51 psi).
    If they are truly XL load index, then the only thing I’d need to know is whether the OD being +0.6 over the OEM tires is an issue.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Probably not a fit issue, but your speedometer will read slower than actual speed by a small percentage. Use this tool to do a comparison of different sizes to see how much:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

FWIW, BMW speedos read higher than actual and can be 5%-7% off and still remain “within spec.” So, running a slightly taller tire would reduce that error, if yours is the same – which I’m sure it is.

Jack Yu

Hal, how much can you get Dunlop ZII’s in size: 265/35-18 ? I might need 4 of them in a couple months.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

$1140.00 including shipping and the taxes after Mar 9th.

Jack Yu

Thanks Hal!

Marc
    Participant

schwing!! cant wait. mine just arrived.

Paul Berton
    Participant
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Mr Littlehale has been doing some testing with them.

ricardo jamin
    Participant

So anyone has a chance to use the ZII yet? How was it?

I have pss right now and the front are shot and due for replacement soon.
    I’m trying to decide whether to stay with pss or try the ZII.

–ricardo

Justin Tsang
    Participant

z2 and pss is not even a close comparison. Even the z1s were faster than pss.

ricardo jamin
    Participant

Cool that makes the decision making much easier 🙂

–ricardo

Marc
    Participant

i tried these out for the first time at AX #1. do not get these tires, they are terrible…no grip whatsoever :whistle:

Justin Tsang
    Participant

These tires like a smoother input. Maybe that’s your issue?

Marc
    Participant

[quote=”justint5387″ post=1363]These tires like a smoother input. Maybe that’s your issue?[/quote]

I should probably edit my post to add a “ha ha” to the end of it. the tires are amazing

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Someone asked about break-in period with the ZII’s… anyone have any guidance on that from those of you who have been running them a while?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.