Check Your Helmets – Snell 2000 Helmets Expired!

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion Check Your Helmets – Snell 2000 Helmets Expired!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Check your helmets because as of 12/31/2011, Snell 2000 helmets are expired and are no longer accepted at GGC driving events.

Now required are Snell 2005 or Snell 2010 rated helmets. If you are going to buy a new helmet it will be best for you to get the Snell 2010 standard as you will get the longest use out of it.

As usual “M” (motorcycle application) and “S” (special application) helmets will be accepted. M helmets are less expensive and available at motorcycle shops. If you’re in the South Bay, I recommend visiting Road Rider Motorcycle on Monterey Blvd for a good selection and reasonable prices.

I believe Wine Country Motorsports is still offering club members in good standing a 10% discount on most of their helmets. Arai helmets excluded. They are located at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma:

Wine Country Motorsports
    28001 Arnold Dr
    Sonoma, CA 95476-9710
    (707) 935-7223

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Brad Vaughan
    Participant

If anyone finds a decent deal on a helmet that is less bulky, I would love to hear about it.. With the damn sunroof I have very little clearance between the roof and helmet when in a normal seating position..

Brad Vaughan
    Participant

If you want to see what the sticker looks like you are hunting for, then look at this link;

http://www.smf.org/cert

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”buraddo” post=13]If anyone finds a decent deal on a helmet that is less bulky, I would love to hear about it.. With the damn sunroof I have very little clearance between the roof and helmet when in a normal seating position..[/quote]

I have two, one open face 3/4, one full face. The full face is a bit lower profile and more comfortable. Both are HJC helmets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.