ax6 results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Brian Cheung
    Participant
    Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

Robbed of TTOD by timer error again…

Andy Daniels
    Participant

Not to take anything away from Andre, but that 40.307 in his third run looks implausible compared both to the rest of his times and those of others.

It looks like practice run times are being picked up as best times again.

I have serious doubts about all those +1’s in my later runs. I definitely nailed a cone on my first run, but I don’t remember any at all after that, nor did Dana or anyone else who was riding along or watching me from the grid mention any at the time. Upon reviewing my videos, I can’t see or hear anything being hit and there’s no activity whatsoever on the part of the cone workers visible in frame after I’ve passed their areas—they’re all standing around unlike the first run video where one can clearly see someone running to reset a cone. I suspect that Dana’s cone penalties might be off, too.

The ‘3’ had fallen off of the right side of the car after the first couple of runs, so perhaps having the wrong number on one side messed up the cone counts.

Andy Daniels
    Participant

That should’ve been “Andrei,” not “Andre” above. Must be the same timer error Dave’s talking about.

Jack Yu

Yeah 40.xxx is an error in the timer. Dave had the fastest time. Jeff had a 38.xxx in his runs, so similar error was happening all day.

Also, Jennifer Houng final time seems wrong with a 47.xxx in the best column, but with no time listed in her seven runs (all averaging over 56).

Thanks Brian for the quick turnaround!

Shane
    Participant

Thanks for uploading the results so promptly Brian.

Could you classify my car as 56 points? I accidentally left 2 entries for my car before you loaded the results.

Jack Yu

Also Alexander Goncharov’s 40.xxx was a timer malfunction as well.

Andrei Filimon
    Participant

I agree my best was 48.3.. but i’ll take a 40 any day

Andy Daniels
    Participant

Seemed like there were various timer glitches going on all day, but most of them got caught when they occurred.

I wonder if I might’ve been bumping the start cone. I can’t really see that in the videos, but it’s plausible. Would’ve been nice to have known that at the time so that I could’ve corrected my driving. Oh, well. I’ll take my fifth place and stop whining about it (for now).

Dennis B
    Participant

If the cone is hit, but does not fall over or move out completely out of the box, it shouldn’t count as a point, right?

I noticed while waiting to run in the 3rd group that the very first cone was picked up overhead / replaced after it was hit, even though it did not fall over and definitely did NOT look like it moved enough to leave the drawn chalk box (I was the closest car to the start box so I had a very good view of that area).

I don’t remember which car I saw this happen to, but perhaps you did fall victim to this if it is not supposed to count as a point.

Andy Daniels
    Participant

Interesting, but there’s no practical way to figure that out now. I’ll just whine some more at the end of the season if the next-better driver in the overall standings beats me by ≤ 2 pts 😉

Andy Nordhoff
    Participant

Andy,
    I was the starter and yes you did knock the inside cone over several times.
    I mentioned it to you on run six but I guess you didn’t get the message, something on the order of “stop hitting that cone” with a jesture to the offensive orange devil.
    I assumed you knew you were tagging it as you creamed it pretty good, not just a nudge. Sorry, being new I’m not sure if it is OK to point that kind of thing out.
    In the future I’ll be more obvious

You were not alone several folks hit that cone; some were safe as noted above, moved upright but still touching the box.

Andy N.

Andre Eisenbach
    Participant

So, stupid question:
    Are the trophy counts correct?
    If so, if I missed my trophy, how can I get it?

Andy Daniels
    Participant

@Andy: Thanks for clearing that up. Wish I’d known sooner. I didn’t notice it, couldn’t hear any of the announcements at the finish line or at the far end of the grid, nor did my time slips show any cones, so as far as I knew, all my runs after the first were clean. Oh, well.

@Andre: No trophies for individual events. There will be per-class and TDS awards at the end of the season.

Brian Cheung
    Participant

ok, corrections updated. hit refresh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.