ax3 results, what’s taking so long?!?!

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion ax3 results, what’s taking so long?!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Brian Cheung
    Participant

here it is! I finally verified the results! Sorry I forgot to do it last night.

[url=http://xmdforum.com/brian/2012-AX3-ProvisionalResults.htm]ax3 preliminary results![/url]

Chris Webber
    Participant

All that time, and you couldn’t find a way to make my lap faster? ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks for posting!

Don Louv
    Participant

Could you fix my “Car”?
    Class C, #624 is a 2011 ActiveE (not the placeholder 128i I use because the website doesn’t know about ActiveEs)

Thanks.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

[quote=”Louv” post=430]Could you fix my “Car”?
    Class C, #624 is a 2011 ActiveE (not the placeholder 128i I use because the website doesn’t know about ActiveEs)

Thanks.[/quote]

I’m working on getting our system updated for the ActiveE for the next event. Apologies… I forgot to manually change your classification before the data went to Brian.

For the Gonzo folks, here is your adjusted time standings…

[table]
    [tr][td]Place[/td][td]Name[/td][td]Points[/td][td]Real Time[/td][td]Adjusted Time[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]1[/td][td]Dave Dunwoodie[/td][td]90[/td][td]48.289[/td][td]47.623[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]2[/td][td]Hal Dorton[/td][td]99[/td][td]47.911[/td][td]47.957[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]3[/td][td]Ryan Rich[/td][td]105[/td][td]47.716[/td][td]48.238[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]4[/td][td]Eric Cheung[/td][td]107 [/td][td]47.596[/td][td]48.276 [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]5[/td][td]Stephen Kolesar[/td][td]86[/td][td]49.792[/td][td]48.782 [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]6[/td][td]Diane Dorton[/td][td]99[/td][td]49.755[/td][td]49.803 [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]7[/td][td]Matt Visser[/td][td]87[/td][td]50.811[/td][td]49.862 [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]8[/td][td]Brian Shadle [/td][td]82[/td][td]51.733[/td][td]50.350 [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]9[/td][td]Matt Rich[/td][td]105[/td][td]51.251[/td][td]51.811 [/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]10[/td][td]Don Van Nortwick[/td][td]80[/td][td]53.611[/td][td]52.005 [/td][/tr]
    [/table]

Formula used: = ((60/59.901) ^ Points ) * Real Time * 0.85

Just for giggles, I plugged my time in to the formula… would have been 2nd in Gonzo cuz of my lower points. Hmmm… maybe next year.

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

I like the adjusted time standings! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Thought you would!

This just in… ActiveE is in the system! Don, you’ll want to reclassify your car and I’ll write the other owners who are attending the July event to let them know it’s there now too.

Ryan Rich

Way to go DAVE!!!! B)

I am happy with 3rd, But I am gunning for hal.

Don Louv
    Participant

Thanks! My profile has been updated.

And I look forward to some other “electrics” joining the fun!

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”jeffroberts” post=431][quote=”Louv” post=430]Could you fix my “Car”?

Thanks.[/quote]

I’m working on getting our system updated for the ActiveE for the next event. Apologies… I forgot to manually change your classification before the data went to Brian.

For the Gonzo folks, here is your adjusted time standings…

Formula used: = ((60/59.901) ^ Points ) * Real Time * 0.85

I am a curious person so would like to understand this equation. What does the symbol before “points” mean? I presume the * mean multiply.
    Mark

Cliff Oates
    Participant

[quote=”AutoXer” post=437][quote=”jeffroberts” post=431]
    Formula used: = ((60/59.901) ^ Points ) * Real Time * 0.85[/quote]

I am a curious person so would like to understand this equation. What does the symbol before “points” mean? I presume the * mean multiply.
    Mark[/quote]

The caret ( “^” ) represents an exponent, i.e.: Y to the Xth power

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Got it. I put my time in and used 150 points(that’s a fair number, right?) and I came out 8th. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Must try harder!
    Mark

Howard Yao
    Participant

First of all, way to go Dave!

Second of all, I never realized that AX would lead me to using a scientific calculator for the first time in 15+ years! Good stuff!

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

Thanks Ryan & Howard! Ryan, you’re looking great out there!

Hal Dorton
    Participant

I’m not opening the bottle until I see the rest of the field calculations…

(I have another set of springs for the next event)

Brad Vaughan
    Participant

So all TopGear watchers will know drivers will have excuses, just like fisherman talk about the one that got away..

On Monday after the AX, the poor old Phoenix Yellow M3 was running on 3 cylinders. a couple of coils were gone. I noticed throttle pickup was pretty poor, but figured it was me.

The major issue on monday was two flat rear tires (picture attached). I was impressed that I got 15K miles on these RE11’s, but maybe I will replace after 1 season instead of 1 season and two AX’s.

Bring on the test ‘n tune to scrub off the new RE11’s

B

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.