Autocross school

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mark Mervich
    Participant

One more chance for some major autocross tuning of the nut behind the wheel. Ck it out.
    http://www.baautox.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10081&start=0&rid=26
    I will be there on Sun. :cheer:
    Mark

Hal Dorton
    Participant

If you want to improve your driving skills or feel you have plateaued then the Evolution School will work for you. Diane and I have both attended phase 1 and 2.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

I really wish I could attend this and hope some of our folks do so they can learn and come back to do some coach mentoring for us in 2013.

Rob Powers
    Participant

I’m signed up for Phase 2. I took the Phase 1 class a couple years ago and it was extremely helpful.

I’m hoping I can un-learn my tendency to overcook the throttle on corner exit. I’ll take some notes for coaching purposes as well as CCC2.

Eric Ries
    Participant

Ronan and I took the EVO school last weekend, it is great, learned a ton! We also saw Ricardo Jamin there.

Rob Powers
    Participant

The Phase 2 class was interesting. Out of the 18 people there, we had a handful of cca regulars: myself, Mark, Tony (with an RX8 instead of his Elantra), and Ricardo.

The rain was super heavy from 8am until almost 3:00pm. At some points there was at least half an inch of standing water on the entire concrete pad because it was raining so hard. This made things especially tricky–driving an ax course with that much water causes every little error to be magnified. So it was probably good practice from that point of view (but it was very disconcerting having brakes that just didn’t want to slow the car down because of hydroplaning).

Phase 1 focuses on teaching “look ahead”. Phase 2 emphasizes “look ahead even farther” and adds “make a plan” to the equation, and I found it really helpful. If you have the opportunity to take either class, I highly recommend it.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

+1, very good class. I got 25 runs(the instructors drove other students cars a couple of times). Rain tapered off after lunch and I used my rain tires all day. In the rain I could spin my tires upon acceleration just like the big power cars 🙂
    Wow, looking ahead 2 or 3 elements works extremely well. Looking forward to trying it in the dry this Sunday at Oakland.
    Mark

ricardo jamin
    Participant

I attended both phase I and II
    It was lots of fun, even for phase II where the weather was miserable, and I learned a lot.
    Hopefully what I learned will stick for at least 4/5 months for start of next season autocross.
    I definitely recommend the event.

–ricardo

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Thanks for sharing you guys. I really regret not being able to attend the weekend. I bet you all learned a lot about driving, but probably learned quite a bit about teaching too.

I am very focused on providing the best possible learning experience for our members who attend Autocross and Car Control as well. I will be scheduling a “staff” meeting some time in January/February and would really like to have you guys attend along with our coaches.

Eric Ries
    Participant

It’d be great to be there!

Rob Powers
    Participant

For sure, sounds like a great idea to have a coaching meeting before the season.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

A little bird told me that another event is coming to Marina. Topics will be car setup and advanced driving at competition level. Two of the instructors are unmatched in their abilities.

Rob Powers
    Participant

The Evo guys said they had 6 marina dates penciled in for 2013. They also noted that many people re-take their classes as refreshers to help break bad habits.

Looking at their web site, their calendar shows the Challenge School on Feb 2 and the Test & Tune/Driver Development Day on Feb 3 at Marina. I think they like people to take the phase 1 & 2 classes before these two, but I don’t know if it’s a 100% requirement.

dana gleason
    Participant

Evo will be holding phase 1 and 2 driving schools in Marina in July (2014). Andy and I are signed up! Evoschool.com.

Henry Loh
    Keymaster

This looks REALLY tempting… but I won’t have the cash flow. Next year!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.