August 10th, 2013 – AX #5 Course Design

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion August 10th, 2013 – AX #5 Course Design

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here it is! I will have a small number of print-outs available during check-in, but if you want to be certain to have one for yourself, please print and bring with you.

[url=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/9453956188_feabc7d858_o.png]Click here for full resolution version[/url].

[img size=640]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/9453956188_feabc7d858_o.png[/img]

[b]RUN GROUP ORDER[/b] (Rotates down each event)
    Run group 1: (AAA & C): This group will DRIVE FIRST and WORK SECOND

Run group 2 (B & Gonzo): This group will DRIVE SECOND and WORK THIRD

Run group 3: (A & AA): This group will DRIVE THIRD and WORK FIRST

NOTE: Non BMW/MINI/Non-Compete and unclassified drivers are assigned to random groups based on driver/worker count. You will find out which group you are in during registration. Can you switch run groups? No, it ruins the work assignments for everyone else.

Michael Kolesar
    Participant

Sweet! a loop d’ loop!

Marc
    Participant

Looks like a great course. I’m bummed i’ll be missing out on this one. See all ya’ll in September.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Looks like a fun ‘n fast course. I wish I could be in 2 places at once. I will be supporting the team at our new(we hope) site, Crows Landing.
    Mark

Paul Berton
    Participant

Mark, post some pictures here after the event… thx

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”BlueE36″ post=1800]Mark, post some pictures here after the event… thx[/quote]
    Pictures for sure.
    Mark

Charlie Davis
    Participant

Very nice course, today! Everyone complains when they don’t like something, few give kudos on the other side… Dave Sparks came up with a course that used the lot very nicely, was fun and technical at the same time. The slalom allowed a nice speed and rewarded those who could get a good rhythm and got the concept of accelerating up to a point and finding the proper terminal velocity. Very well done, Dave!

Jack Yu

Congrats on the Gonzo win Charlie! It was very motivating and challenging to be battling so close with you, Dunwoodie, and Cowan (my nemesis) 👿 each run. Being .2 away from a win is like the carrot on a stick, so close, yet so far. It will be interesting to see if I can improve with the Direzza II’s which I may have next month. I hope it doesn’t take a lot of time to get used to the new rubber.

Mr. Sparks designs another course that takes time to figure out, like a monthly puzzle, and when you do figure it out…you win!

Dave Sparks
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks to everyone who helped with setup and teardown.

Time for me to start working on September’s course…

Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.