April 20, 2013 – AX #1 Course Design

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion April 20, 2013 – AX #1 Course Design

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here’s what you’ve been waiting for… a little something for everyone!

Rob Powers
    Participant

I like how it unravels itself.. Should be a nice challenge

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Ok! I can get excited about this course. :cheer:
    Mark

Eric Cheung
    Participant

Jeff:

When I click on the jpg for the course map, it fades to a faint white, but nothing happens….and I’m not on anything. :>)

Eric

Rob Powers
    Participant

I still see it fine. Do you have some kind of ad-block that might be interfering with it?

You should be able to right-click on the link and open it in a new tab. That will open the image without any of the animation stuff getting in the way.

Eric Cheung
    Participant

Thanks Rob. That did the trick.

Eric

Marc
    Participant

Whoa. this one is a doozey!!

BrianA
    Participant

Looks like fun. Nice to be back.

This will be the only autocross Jen runs this year: she headed off to summer school … with the
    A-Class 1991 318i.

Bringing my new old car: a 1983 Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole. Hope to kills some cones. Running in x-class will be a relief considering how %$#@& slow I am.

Jeff Cowan
    Participant

Wow, that should be cool Brian. Classic design.

Michael Martin
    Participant

Ooh I like. Looks like a long course, too.

How much do you want to bet that we have to add a chicane or something to slow down that straightaway on the left? 😛 That’s a looong stretch to top out 2nd before some fun twisties! :cheer:

Mark Mervich
    Participant

[quote=”mamartin” post=1294]Ooh I like. Looks like a long course, too.

How much do you want to bet that we have to add a chicane or something to slow down that straightaway on the left? 😛 That’s a looong stretch to top out 2nd before some fun twisties! :cheer:[/quote]
    Don’t mention that, they might change something B)
    Mark

John Kim
    Participant

Looks challenging, especially for drivers like me to subscribe to the “fast in, slow out” school of driving. I predict major understeer around station 1, then station 2, then maybe at the right-hand hairpin and maybe the last right-hander by station 5, depending how fast I can get from 4 to 5. If that serpent section at the top is fast, I predict some tank slappers and spinouts there, and not just from me!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.