7/25 Test & Tune – Results – What?

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 7/25 Test & Tune – Results – What?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Those of you who were there yesterday got a taste of our new timing system in action. Thanks for helping us test it in a real world scenario.

We saw flawless operation collecting timing data with 100% delivery of your run times on the scoreboard, plus WIFI access to live results on your smartphone. It really doesn’t get any better than this!

This was a for-fun event and we were not diligent in entering cone counts or DNFs, so the results are presented for entertainment purposes and as a sample to show you what preliminary results will look like in the future. I can publish these with a single click, wow!

http://live.axti.me/results/byIEvYwt7e

Let us know what you think of the new system! We’ve spent a lot of time and a substantial financial investment to bring our program into the 21st Century. We love it… how ’bout you?

Markus Lewtschuk
    Participant

Oh man…so awesome! Isn’t technology cool if it worked right?

Rafael Soto
    Participant

Really liked it. My daughter was so hooked, she wanted to share results with her friends real time too!
    And the ease to make a correction in the system, it took 3 clicks, 5 secs and done! Great buy guys!!

Rafael Soto
    Participant

Oh and by the way, my best time was actually Nigel driving my car. Ohhhhhh the pain!!!!

Good job buddy!

Jack Yu

There were some small hiccups (like switching a time from Joe’s “25” to Mark’s “125” seem to have duplicated the time) but overall, the system is light years ahead of the old one. Also, a few folks seemed to also have gotten 33 second times due to either skipping a section, or our team not catching the false trip at the finish line and hitting “restart” before the next car finished.

Jack Yu

We also corrected one of “9101” times with “910” and it also seemed to have duplicated that 910 time (even though it didn’t show up in 9101’s list).

Nigel Mott
    Participant

The new system is great. I loved seeing a time, every time, both at the Beginners AX and the Test and Tune. The only question I have is what will Brian do with his spare time? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey Rafael: Smokey is nicely set up and was a pleasure to drive. Also, in the spirit of disclosure, my best time was Ryan driving Zebedee..!

Tom Freeman
    Participant

Thanks for a fun event and lots of runs to knock the rust off. I hadn’t dodged cones since 2012, but after a few runs it started to feel pretty natural again. I was happy with my times, but my tires were fairly awful, as Ryan Rich found out in his significantly sideways expedition in my car (Black e36, #551).

Thanks to everyone who came up and talked to the new guy (Gary, Bob, Phil, Grant, Alex, Tim, et. al.). I hope to run with you guys again soon!

Thanks,
    Tom Freeman

Brock Parsons
    Participant

Great event and it turned out to be a great first time event for the friend I enticed to join us. He was able to bounce back and forth between the track and the skidpad to work on getting control of rear end traction.

LOVED the new timing/scoring set up. WELL DONE to the team.

Things to think about: Second timing display at the trailer, announcing audio out at pregrid.

Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

Great timing system! Flashing DNF on timing display will be helpful.

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

I wouldn’t want to see that!

Nigel Mott
    Participant

You wouldn’t see it often Dave… ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚

Andy Daniels
    Participant

I’m a bit surprised that more people didn’t take advantage of the skid pad, what with the 15-20 min and longer wait between AX runs. You don’t have to only run figure-eights on it, after all. I saw Jack practicing launches, Katie experiencing spins, while Dana and I did various things, such as running ovals for a while to experiment with how soon and how fast we could get to full throttle in a turn.

It was really nice to be able to work on one or two specific things over and over on the skid pad, then go take a couple of runs on the course to see what difference that made, then back to the skid pad to refine something else… Lather, rinse, repeat.

ricardo jamin
    Participant

Great event as usual, and the new timing system is awesome!

Are we still going to use sticky note for timing slip?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.