2/1/14 – RV/Dirtbike Photos/Videos??

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 2/1/14 – RV/Dirtbike Photos/Videos??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Folks –
    I’m looking for photos or videos from the Course Rewind event that specifically include the hangar beyond the fence. There was an RV parked at the far left (when facing it) towards the entry gate. We think it was there after lunch, but may have been during RG1 in the morning too. There was also a guy on a dirt bike who was doing wheelies in front of the hangar.

Any photographic evidence of this would be very helpful to me. If you saw it and remember, more specific info on the time it occurred would be helpful too.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Jeff Roberts. Reason: Changed the thread title
    Barry Twycross
    Participant

I saw the bike, but I’m not remembering it during RG2. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t in the trailer when it happened (and I was in the trailer all RG2). I’ll have a look at our video, I have coverage from RG1 and 3.

Barry Twycross
    Participant

I looked through my video. What I thought was the bike looks like a quad instead. It drove up and down at 10:06 while I was on grid for my first run. The quad is trailered and the RV drives over towards the kart track at 10:54. The video I have is pretty good, I was parked pointing directly at the hanger, and close to that end.

Cathy says she remember’s the bike but doesn’t think it was while she was starting (so would have had the best view) during RG1. She was parked a lot further away for RG3, so I can’t see if anything was happening.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Barry – can you send me some snapshots from the video that show the RV? And if there is a timestamp, that would be helpful too.

I remember the trailer behind it.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Jeff,
    I saw the first hanger door open when the bike was doing wheelies in front of the hanger. I will ck for pictures.
    Mark

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Sorry, I got nothing.
    Mark

Andy Daniels
    Participant

A camper with trailered bike thing parked in front of an open hangar shows up many of our RG1 videos. In one of them, there’s a guy fussing with the bike. There’s also a yellow car that comes and goes. They were already there for the first run of the day (ca. 10 AM), but are gone by Dana’s 11:03 run. Don’t have anything of the bike/ATV/whatever in action, though. Let me know if any of that footage might be useful.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Absolutely! I’d like to see anything that shows the RV and yellow car.

Andy Daniels
    Participant

OK. I’ll clip out the relevant parts tonight and get them to you. There are no visible time stamps in the videos, but they do have internal time stamps in the MPEG wrapper.

Barry Twycross
    Participant

I excerpted a couple of clips of video and blew them up a bit: http://btwyx.com/Movies/AxBMWFunQuad.mov

There’s no time stamps on the video, the file shows they’re 10:04 and 10:54 as mentioned about. I can make stills if you need them instead.

I think the yellow car that’s been mentioned was a fork lift. I have video of that as well.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

This is great Barry! Thanks for putting that together. I’ll see if the fork lift is of interest too.

Barry Twycross
    Participant

Here’s the forklift: http://btwyx.com/Movies/AxBMWFunFL.mov

Its at about 10:46.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.