October 20, 2019 at 11:43 am #10801
You are cordially invited to participate in the Golden Gate Chapter 2019 Autocross Series Top Driver Shootout on Saturday November 2, 2019!
The Top Driver Shootout (TDS) is an end of season competition for the coveted Fechner Cup, but also a thank you to you, our dedicated members, who participated in our 2019 Autocross Series. The course is run in two different directions and the top drivers from each run group move on to a shoot-out round where they drive a loop-back version. Between the morning and afternoon driving sessions we enjoy a catered BBQ lunch and recognize our class winners. Come join us for this very special and uber fun event!
Driver event cost is $85. This includes a catered sit-down BBQ lunch (not optional) prepared on-site! If you would like to come as a NON-DRIVER, you may register for $30. Additional guest BBQ lunches may be added for $30 each.
PLEASE NOTE: Those of you who drove in X-Class are invited and welcome to attend and compete, but you must drive a BMW or Mini to do so. You don’t need to go out and buy one, share with a friend if you want to drive.
For those of you who wish to attend as spectators and share in the catered BBQ only, a NON-DRIVER option is available. If we do not sell all the 60 driver spots, we will contact the non-driver guests in the order you registered and ask if you’d like to come drive for fun. We’ll fill the spots until we have 60 drivers.
Non-registered guests will not be permitted at this event. Those of you who are coming as a NON-DRIVER or are bringing guests will be e-mailed a late entry pass for each person you intend to bring. This will be your ticket in the gate.
1. Registration for the TDS will open at Noon on Wednesday October 23, 2019.
2. Registration will be limited to 60 drivers, so register early!
NOTE: A private link will be e-mailed to all eligible drivers. DO NOT SHARE THIS LINK WITH OTHERS!
3. You must have your car classified at https://www.bmwautocross.com/autocross/ prior to registering. You may make updates to your online classification profile up until the day registration closes (Thursday October 31st at noon). Any changes to the car after that will require talking to Brian on the morning of the event. If you need time to talk with Brian, be sure you arrive early.
Smokehouse Brisket, Ribs and Chicken or Vegetarian Option
Tossed Salad w/ Papaya Seed Dressing
Fresh Baked Rolls
Fresh Fruit Display
Mango Macadamia Nut Bread
Lemonade and Cucumber Infused Iced Water
1. You must drive a BMW or MINI to compete for the Fechner Cup.
2. You will randomly pick a run group when you sign in on the morning of the event. You will not be allowed to switch run groups. You will run in the run group you randomly choose.
3. Once you have your run group, you will sign up for a work assignment. The earlier you arrive; the better chance you have to get the work assignment you want.
4. Multi-driver cars will be separated into different run groups. A car may only run once per run group. Therefore, a maximum of two drivers may share a car (as there are only 2 run groups).
5. When you sign in, you need to let the registration folks know who you are sharing a car with so they can make sure you run in different groups.
6. There will be no driver coaches. Passengers are not allowed. This includes other drivers or guests.
7. At 8:30am on the morning of the TDS, the point count assigned to your car is official and is what will be used to adjust your run times. Therefore, you may not make any changes to your car that result in a points increase after check-in has closed on the morning of the TDS. You may make changes that will decrease the points value of the car, however the points assigned to the car will not be adjusted after check-in has closed.
8. If you are driving a car that is different than what you have classified, you will be disqualified. You must be in our computer system with the correct car and the correct car points prior to check-in closing or your times will not count.
9. If you are late for the start of the driver meeting at 8:30am the morning of the TDS, you will not be allowed to run. No exceptions!
1. There will be two run groups.
2. Each group will run in the morning and then again in the afternoon.
3. There will be 4 runs in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. Note that all runs are official runs, no practice runs.
4. We will run the course in the opposite direction in the afternoon.
5. Your fastest morning run will be combined with your fastest afternoon run. Times will be adjusted based on your car’s points using the TDS formula: ((60/59.901 ^ points) * time * 0.85.
6. The top 4 drivers from each run group (determined as described in # 5) will compete for the coveted Fechner Cup in the final shootout round.
7. The course will be reconfigured for the final shootout (loop-back) round.
8. The finalists will assemble on the grid and run the modified loop-back course thru three rotations of the grid = three timed runs. The driver with the fastest adjusted time will be crowned Top Driver!
This table shows a summary of your attendance at 2019 regular season autocross events – April thru October. Those of you with 3 or more events are eligible to compete at TDS.
If you see a mistake, please let us know.
Gate Chapter BMWCCA
Driver Shootout Eligibility List
Count First Last 1 James Aguas 1 Max Akhterov 1 Alan An 3 Zachery Anderson 1 Prashanthi Ayyaswamy 7 David Bashford 6 Paul Berton 3 Douglas Beuerman 2 Ankur Bhakta 1 Ankit Bhatla 2 Rich Bishop 2 Phillip Blacklock 4 Matthew Blum 2 Marten Bradley 2 Paul Brancato 1 Kyle Breton 7 Dennis Bronnikov 4 Jason Buonopane 4 Hyunghwan Byun 5 Fred Campbell 6 Will Carey 3 Juan Carreon 5 Danny Chan 4 Brian Cheung 7 Alexander Clines 2 Mamerto Contapay 1 Ralph Conway 7 Deylan Crawford 2 Ryan James Cristobal 1 Antonio Cruz 2 Brandon Cruz 2 Don Curtiss 3 Daniel Dabbelt 3 Steven Dang 4 Andy Daniels 2 Ricardo De Andrade 1 Tejas Deshpande 7 Marc Digiovanni 1 Kevin Do 1 Hal Dorton 1 Christopher Driggett 1 Dave Duncan 6 Dave Dunwoodie 4 Andy Echenique 3 Ekaterina Efremova 3 Erik Engstrom 2 Curtis Entenmann 2 Gabriela Esteves 1 Mark Flowers 3 Victor Fong 6 Chris Fountain 2 Teddy Framhein 5 Alistair Francis 1 John Gamble 2 Clint Gans 1 Baron Garger 1 Ziv Gillat 5 Lucian Girlea 4 William Glass 3 Dana Gleason 2 Alexander Guerra 4 Chris Guzman 5 Jonathan Guzzo 1 Greg Hildebrand 1 Jack Hildebrand 1 Eric Hildebrandt 6 Jim Hildreth 1 Jason Hill 2 Steve Hirota 1 Daniel Ho 1 Stephen Hoang 7 William Hossner 7 Tyler Hovanec 4 Lawrence Hsu 4 Shan Huang 1 Tim Huang 2 Hung-Jen Hung 1 Charles Hurt 3 Carlos Ibarra Lopez 1 Zoe Jenkins 4 Fangzhou Jiao 2 Michael Johnson 2 Carly Kenyon 1 Craig Kenyon 3 Majid Khan 3 Mehnaz Khan 1 Joseph Kim 5 Liam Kimble 1 Ches Koblents 1 Stephen Kolesar 2 Pardha Konduru 3 Sean Krzeczowski 4 Rajat Kumar 1 Vivek Kumar 1 Eric Lam 6 Sven Lavine 1 Edward Levie 4 Donald Lew 2 Katherine Lewis 3 Markus Lewtschuk 1 Hongyang Li 1 Lulu Li 4 Elvis Lieban 1 Steve Lima 6 Andrew Lipman 4 Henry Loh 3 Haomin Long 1 Shane Ly 7 Connor Lydon 7 Tim Lydon 1 Sicong Ma 4 Kan Magoshi 7 Grant Mahler 5 Saul Maldonado 1 Daniel Malone 3 Michael Martin 1 Jason Martinez 3 Luis Martinez 1 Thomas Matthew 5 Sterling McLane 6 Joseph V. Mercado 5 Sasha Mestetsky 3 Scott Miller 6 Jimmy Mkude 2 Mike Monegan 5 Eric Morris 5 Nicolas Moss 7 Nigel Mott 7 Kyle Moy 2 Elena Mujica 2 Fernando Mujica 7 Amanda Mullen 5 Roman Navarro 1 Alex Neylan 5 Crystal Ngai 3 Matt Nowzari 6 Jeremy Nuger 7 Cliff Oates 2 Paul Oeschger 6 Ope Oladipo 2 Cristian Orellana 6 Brock Parsons 3 Marvin Paul 1 Sam Paul 1 Vincent Pizzo 6 Rob Powers 1 Neil Prasad 2 Praneil Prasad 2 Ovidiu Predescu 1 Billy Quach 4 Ed Racer 3 Artem Rakhov 4 Daniella Rich 4 Matthew Rich 7 Ryan Rich 6 Bill Richter 5 Eric Ries 2 Joseph Rivers 2 Kent Roache 7 Jeff Roberts 1 Tyra Robertson 1 Reinier Rosado 1 James Rowney 5 Brandon Rude 1 Andreas Schuler 2 David Schwartz 6 Dmitry Semibratov 1 Brian Senf 1 Tim Senf 1 Bryant Sih 1 Spencer Sih 2 Ben Silva 6 Gurinder Singh 6 Rafael Soto 3 Dave Sparks 1 Nathaniel Sproul 2 Tim Sproul 1 Tim Stallinger 7 Brian Stanaway 7 William Stanaway 1 Melissa Stein 1 Nikolay Stoimenov 1 Corry Straathof 1 Brian Sullivan 6 Sheila Tabilin 5 Noble Tang 5 Norman Tang 2 Kris Taugher 1 Sully Taylor 1 Brady Thomas 3 Mitchell Tilson 3 Harminder Toor 3 Kristina Toor 3 Aaron Topal 3 Rena Topal 6 Vlad Trofimov 1 Jay Turner 5 Tim Uptegrove 2 Bryan Vadvilavich 3 Flor Villalba Ruiz 1 Matthew Visser 7 Rich Wallett 1 Andrew Walter 1 Hailang Wang 1 Jennifer Whitney 2 Chris Wong 4 Ivan Wong 4 Stephen Wong 6 Aaron Wood 3 Jessie Worden 2 Steven Worden 2 Fei Wu 3 Yao Xiao 1 Shuren Xu 1 Zijie Xu 3 Dmitriy Yefremov 1 David Yeh 1 Jennifer Yeh 4 Utku Yilmaz 7 Jack Yu 5 Matthew Yu 1 Robert Yu 2 Tianyu Zeng 1 Bei Zhao 1 Wenyi Zhao 1 John ZueckOctober 20, 2019 at 2:27 pm #10805Bill RichterParticipant
Correction to the classification link: https://www.bmwautocross.com/autocross/October 28, 2019 at 11:28 pm #10826Donald LewParticipant
Seems the online classification site is closed. Should be able to update car points up to Oct 31st, right?
Donald LewOctober 29, 2019 at 8:41 am #10827
Working on it, Don. Ryan will post to this thread when it’s open again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
JeffOctober 29, 2019 at 8:46 am #10828
Attention All… a second round of invitations went out a bit ago. We still have spots available at TDS, so I’m opening it up to anyone who’s attended 2 or more events, BMW/Mini or X-Class cars, to drive for fun.
The rules state 3 or more events and BMW/MINI to compete, but please come join us for a very special event format, killer BBQ, and a really fun day to close out our season.
Those of you who don’t meet the requirement to compete will be able to drive the two qualifying sessions as fun runs, but won’t be able to move on to the final shootout round to compete for the trophy.
October 29, 2019 at 10:58 am #10830Ryan RichModerator
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
Classification system has been opened until Thursday at noon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.