2018 Autocross Calendar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here is the tentative 2018 Autocross Season calendar. Subject to change, but this is what will be submitted for Marina to the FAA on our behalf.

You’ll notice we have no July date. We lost out on that month for some reason.

2/10/18 & 2/11/18 – AX School & Fun Run – Marina (Done)
    3/04/18 – Test & Tune – Marina (Done)
    3/11/18 – AX1 – Marina (Done)
    4/14/18 – AX2 – Marina (Done)
    5/19/18 – AX3 – Marina (Done)
    6/9/18 – AX4 – Marina (Done)
    8/18/18 – AX5 – Marina (Done)
    9/8/18 – AX6 – Marina (Done)
    10/20/18 – AX7 – Marina (Done)
    11/3/18 – TDS – Marina (Done)
    12/8/18 – AX Fun Run – Marina (msreg.com/ggcAutox-120818) Opens 11/5
    12/9/18 – ACCC – Marina

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Jeff Roberts.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    Andy Echenique
    Participant

Happy New Year!

When can we look forward to a confirmation on the times and the real race starting: signing up 😉

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Registration for AX School and Fun Run opens on Monday at noon:

AX School: msreg.com/ggcAutox-021018
    Fun Run: msreg.com/ggcAutox-021118

After that, the regular rotation will begin… noon the Monday following the last event. For competition events, the process will change a little and we’re working on updates for all of that as we speak. The team had our annual meeting last weekend.

We’re excited to get 2018 underway!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Schedule has been updated to reflect final decisions… a date change for TnT was negotiated so we’d have a week before AX1.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Registration for our next TWO events will open on Monday February 12th at noon:

Test & Tune: msreg.com/ggcAutox-030418
    AX #1: msreg.com/ggcAutox-031118

The classification system is open, with the caveat that some late model cars that include factory LSDs may require re-classification from last season. The team is working hard to get this change completed in the system. Any affected accounts will be notified via e-mail to reclassify.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

Jeff, I see no BMW cars (or any) in a pulldown for year 2018. Is it related to that LSD issue ?

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Kinda, Dmitry… we’ve been slow catching up on new vehicles thanks to BMW offering 30 different variations of every model.

Let us know the model of your car, all the option packages, wheel option, transmission, suspension, all that and we will try to get it available for you. Worst case, just add it as an X-Class car now and give us some time.

Same goes for others who want to compete in a car they can’t find in the list. Compete is the primary word here… if you plan to be Non-Compete with a BMW or MINI that isn’t in the list, then you can just create a non-BMW classification – same difference to us.

Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

Jeff,
    I classified my #749 as’17 BMW F82 M4 6MT ZCP steel brakes, which is not different from my ’18 build. For the season I’ll be running downgraded 19″ wheels with stock sized RE-71Rs.

TireRack still owes my 19″ rear wheels, so I’ll have all the fun with ZCP 20″/30 series MPPS this Sunday.

See you there!

Dmitry Semibratov
    Participant

Jeff,
    my car #749 M4 along with some others shows up in class N. Is it for N[ew] registrations ? My older M4 was in AA, and I see similar cars there.

I appreciate your magic touch. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.