March 21, 2016 at 8:45 am #8663Jeff RobertsKeymaster
Hi Folks –
We’ve completed updates of the classification system for the 2016 season. Thanks to Ryan, Matt, and Jason for working thru this.
Summary of changes:
– All prior classification data has been cleared. EVERYONE MUST RE/CLASSIFY BEFORE APRIL 23rd SEASON OPENER.
– Unused numbers have been released. We ran a report of all accounts in the classification system and released numbers of folks who did not attend a competition autocross between 1/1/15 and 12/31/15
– Minor reorganization of modification item UI
– Reduction in tire points: cross-tread r-comps (Toyo RA1 type) have been absorbed into the summer tire category (0 point mod); Grooved r-comp (Hoosier A6/R6 type) are now 10 points; Non-DOT race tires are now 22 points.
– Weight reduction simplified so you choose how much weight you removed.
– More options for wheel width increases.
2016 vehicles will be gradually added to the database. If you have one that is not in the system, write us so we will prioritize the update for your car.
NOTE: We’ve been seeing some minor issues with ggcbmwcca.org that we’re dealing with. These issues are not related to the classification system, but may affect your ability to classify. If you experience such a problem, please write us directly and we’ll address it. autocross @ ggcbmwcca . org
Registration for the season opener event on 4/23 opens at Noon on Wednesday 3/23.March 21, 2016 at 11:21 am #8667Dennis BParticipant
When I classify my 135i convertible it says “We think your vehicles curb weight is 3510 pounds.” Where is that data from? I know the curb weight is more than that for my car (listed as 3638 lbs).March 21, 2016 at 11:22 am #8668Markus LewtschukParticipant
Thanks Jeff! Can you post the link to the car classification page?March 21, 2016 at 11:24 am #8670Jeff RobertsKeymaster
I updated my original post with the link. It’s not a secret, really! 🙂March 21, 2016 at 11:32 am #8671Markus LewtschukParticipant
Damn… guilty of skimming! Thanks Jeff!April 12, 2016 at 11:23 am #8696Bill RichterParticipantApril 25, 2016 at 9:39 am #8727Hung-Jen HungParticipant
Can someone please let me know the sequence of classes in terms of “faster time”?
If I understand correctly
C < B < A < AA < AAA
N and Gonza?April 25, 2016 at 9:53 am #8728Brian CheungParticipant
Gonzo 80+ points
AAA 70-79 points
AA 60-69 points
A 50-59 points
B 40-49 points
C 39 points or less
N is non-compete
X is non-BMW
But I’ll usually group all the N-class cars in X-class alsoApril 25, 2016 at 9:58 am #8729Hung-Jen HungParticipant
Brian, Thanks for the explanation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.