2014 Course Rewind Options

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mark Mervich
    Participant

I watched Rush last night. I am ready!
    Mark

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Great event today, loved the course. I am confused. I went to check my time for the last time we did this course and found that I was not at the Aug event, but I remember driving todays course. The Aug event was the same wkend as the SCCA event at Crows Landing. Any help?
    Mark

Hal Dorton
    Participant

Here’s my video from this morning

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Good line. Hal. I think you could have taken some of it a bit faster.
    I left my goPro in my tow car.
    Mark

John Kim
    Participant

Great event everyone and glad to see Jeff scheduled the rain for Sunday only. I had a blast. Don’t remember driving this course before but don’t think I was at the August AutoX. Sorry if I didn’t have any fresh jokes for my announcing gig… will prep more with some next time. I believe my two buddies–both first timers at AutoX–had a great time too.

I rented Rush last night and plan to watch it today after the Super Bowl. Aparently doing things in the wrong order…

Rob Powers
    Participant

Just curious.. for those who competed in August, how did your times compare this weekend to that event?

I know it’s not apples to apples since it was pretty cool on Saturday and I’m sure it was fairly warm in August, but I’m curious since I missed the event back then.

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

My best time was 39.48 last August, 40.4 on corded tires yesterday.

John Kim
    Participant

My best time was 42.150 Saturday; didn’t run in August. Being only 2 seconds behind Dunwoodie on a 40-second course makes me feel pretty good. Except I was on old Conti/Hoosiers.

Hal Dorton
    Participant

We lost our front tires on the seconds runs. No real grip on the corded 142 run tires but loads of fun. New Hoosier A6s ready to mount.

dana gleason
    Participant

My best time last August was 45.5something. This time i got down to 43.096 in the fun runs. I am very happy. Improvement due to better tires and better driver. Now i have to figure out how to get to the relaxed fun run state during the competition runs..

–dana

John Kim
    Participant

Hey Dana congrats. May I ask what tires you were running? I used to run either Bridgestone RE-760 summer tires (not so good), then Continental ExtremDW summer tires (better). Just for this past event, I had some old racing slicks, supposed to be similar to Hoosier R6.

Andy Daniels
    Participant

John, we’ve got Dunlop Direzza ZII tires on the M3 these days. They’re the current version of what used to be called “Star Specs.”

John Kim
    Participant

Thanks, Andy. I have to get me some of those, or BFG Rivals or Bridgestone RE-11 tires.

Barry Twycross
    Participant

I’ve found the Rivals to be a bit faster than the RE-11. Though I’m not sure how much the extra 20mm the Rivals have contribute to that. If we can find a dry weekend, I’m going to test some ZII vs Rivals.

The DW do really well in the wet, that’s what we used last weekend in a downpour. I beat he guy on ZIIs by over a second, usually he’s in front of me. I like the DW tires for street tires, very civilised.

John Kim
    Participant

Barry, thanks for sharing the tips. Also heard the ExtremDW are some of the best rain tires but only drove them in rain once on track, never at AutoX.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.