2014 AX#2 Provisional Results

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rodger Ball

Here’s the provisional results for 2014 AX#2

• This topic was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Rodger Ball.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Rodger Ball.
    Jack Yu

Just some corrections:
    Tim Huang = Porsche Cayman, so not in B
    Ryan Rich was driving Jeff Cowan’s car
    My second time 48.807 is listed under Darrel Lunge
    Nick Gerstner no longer has an M3, now a VW GTI, so should be in X

Barry Twycross
    Participant

Cathy’s first run is listed as “30.403+DSQ”, we never got any time, but there was nothing which would have caused a DSQ. (And why DSQ?)

Not that it matters, but her third run is listed as 55.164+2, but she had 4 cones, one at the right angle and 3 at the finish.

Rodger Ball

Results updated.

Tim Huang – Changed to X Class, Porsche Cayman
      Aaron Politsky – Changed to X Class
      Ryan Rich – Changed to 2011 M3 sedan, 98 pts.
      Jack Yu – Reassignd 48.807 run
      Nick Gerstner – Changed to X class, VW GTI
      Cathleen Twycross – Third run +4 cones

Cathy’s first run is listed as “30.403+DSQ”, we never got any time, but there was nothing which would have caused a DSQ. (And why DSQ?)

Just a quirk with the scoring system. It doesn’t have the concept of a practice run, so it would have made that a winning run.

rodger…

Grant Mahler
    Participant

Pretty sure I saw Eric Ries in his Z4M not his 325.

Timothy Woo
    Participant

Another correction since I did the scoring for run group 1. (I mentioned this to Jeff at the end of the day.)
    This would impact 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishers.

Car 280 (Stephen Kolesar) didn’t have a time for the first run or a DNF (no rerun since it was his first lap). So all his numbers should be pushed up 1, with his last run being 49.500. So should look like this…

1 – No Time/DNF
    2 – 50.307
    3 – 50.003
    4 – 50.059
    5 – 49.683
    6 – 49.500

Timer issues were prevalent that day and many people had reruns in RG1. Here’s what happened as best I can explain it…

Stephen had a downed cone on his 6th/final run, which he pointed out, but this was NOT communicated to the scoring folks at the trailer.

Trailer didn’t know he should’ve had a rerun, he took his rerun anyway, and ended up at the finish line again – not displayed on the board, but the computer timer ended with 49.500.
    The time was recorded (in case) but we did NOT give him a time since we were unaware that he should’ve had a rerun.
    He lined up again for a 2nd rerun (unbeknownst that he had a time recorded for his 1st rerun), and it was finally communicated to us that he was owed a rerun. By that time it was too late and he was already lined up at the start line and in the cones.
    Trailer decided to just let him go and we will deal with the scoring later, so as to not prolong or delay any further since there were so many other reruns for other cars due to timer issues.

So his 2nd rerun was a 48.970. This should NOT count, since he did get a time for his 1st rerun – 49.500. (Sorry Stephen).

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need more clarification.

Timothy Woo
    Participant

I can confirm that Eric Ries drove his Z4M, but I don’t think it’ll matter anyway, as I’m told that car is also AA. NO FAIR DAMMIT!! 🙂
    That would put him into 3rd place in AA!!
    Great driving Eric!

Rodger Ball
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.