2013 AX1 Results!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Cheung
    Participant

Whew, Finally!

Sorry guys, been busy this week.

[url=http://xmdforum.com/brian/2013-AX1-ProvisionalResults.htm]verified results![/url]

Jack Yu

Thanks Brian!

Marc
    Participant

[quote=”m_dudey” post=1366]Whew, Finally!

Sorry guys, been busy this week.

[url=http://xmdforum.com/brian/2013-AX1-ProvisionalResults.htm]verified results![/url][/quote]

Hey Brian/Jeff – my last run of 52.727 is showing in these posted results with a +1. I do not recall hitting a cone, nor does my yellow sticky have a +1 on it (still have it on my desk here). Is this a typo in the posted results or did the yellow-sticky-hander-outer forget to write down the +1?
    I’m car #111 in AA. Thanks.

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

The yellow-sticky-hander-outer doesn’t always get the cone counts… in fact, it’s pretty uncommon for that to be included on the slip. Reason is, they usually cannot hear the radio chatter and the timing display does not include that information.

Brian can double check, but if the paper tracking sheet and computer agree, it happened. If there is a discrepancy, the paper tracking sheet wins. There are three workers who verify the cone counts at the event: comms, hand scoring, and computer operator, with extra help from the announcer.

Marc
    Participant

[quote=”jeffroberts” post=1376]The yellow-sticky-hander-outer doesn’t always get the cone counts… in fact, it’s pretty uncommon for that to be included on the slip. Reason is, they usually cannot hear the radio chatter and the timing display does not include that information.

Brian can double check, but if the paper tracking sheet and computer agree, it happened. If there is a discrepancy, the paper tracking sheet wins. There are three workers who verify the cone counts at the event: comms, hand scoring, and computer operator, with extra help from the announcer.[/quote]

Thanks for explaining, Jeff! This really helps me understand. No need for Brain to double check…I know everyone is super busy.
    Can’t wait for next month’s autocross!

Brian Cheung
    Participant

MRM555, either the sheet and or the computer indicated you had a cone on your last run.

Other requests corrected and updated. hit refresh after you click the link

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

I hit refresh, but my time didn’t get any better… 😛

David Devlin
    Participant

Hi … again, … am new to this so I have some basic questions.

I have been told that there is a “handicap” to scores based on the car’s total points.

I am in Class C, Dave Devlin, with 17 points on the all stock, 1988, 325i …

The times shown are the actual / raw tims … is there an adjustment made down the road for handicaps ?

There’s a formula … Right ? Are the final standings adjusted later on, or am I misimformed about all that.

Thanks,

Dave Devlin

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Dave… find the 2013 policies and procedures thread. There is some explanation of points and scoring in that content.

Jack Yu

Dave, the short answer is, unless you are in Gonzo, the raw times are used in all other classes.

At the end of the year, all classes use adjusted times since we are all competing in one big class essentially.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.