2007 328xi sport package classification points Q

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 2007 328xi sport package classification points Q

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony Wong
    Participant

Hi!

I was classifying my 2007 328xi wagon with sport package, and noticed that the sport package added +4 for the tires plus an additional 2 for the suspension, bringing it up to 48…. does the stock sport package really add up that much? I think the other non xi cars only get a +1 instead of the +4. My stock wagon is only a few points less than the m3 convertible I had 😆

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Many factors are taken into consideration when determining base points. We have determined the AWD systems on the newer cars to be quite beneficial to handling, a la LSD in RWD cars, so the base points start out higher on the newer XI models.

Suspension and tires are the two most beneficial upgrades to handling, so we weight them appropriately. So yeah, points do add up.

Tony Wong
    Participant

There are 2 sport package options in the classifier, sport package and sport package with tire upgrade. How do I know which one I have?

Thanks

Tony Wong
    Participant

Looking around the internet is seems like all xi cars do not have the sport suspension even if they have the sport package! Can I take off the points for the suspension upgrades then? How about that +4 from the sport package itself? Is it really that much just for a different all season tire and no suspension changes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.