12/13/15 – Autocross Fun Run Course & Access Maps

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 12/13/15 – Autocross Fun Run Course & Access Maps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here you go! If you would like to ensure a print out for yourself, bring one from home. We will only have limited copies available at the event.

Access Map

Course map – Dave’s Line

Course map – CLEAN

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Jeff Roberts. Reason: Added clean version
    Rob Powers
    Participant

on the little map, i was curious about the marked off roads so i did google street view.. it all makes sense now

(those roads are in terrible condition and have gates)

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

W. Ike Crow Road is long overdue for repair too.

Rob Powers
    Participant

good to know.. with the monsoon level rains we’re expecting, we’ll just have to be a little extra careful looking out for puddles hiding potholes

Nigel Mott
    Participant

I think we’ll need to allow 2 hours for the course walk…. πŸ˜‰

Tony Holland
    Participant

Praying for rain, have my Blizzac’s ready to roll =D

John Kim
    Participant

Course looks like fun rain or no rain. Though working the course might not be as fun with rain. Need a waterproof hoodie…

Abbas
    Participant

Jeff, What is the red curve in the map? Is it the optimum path? If so, did you use a special software to calculate it?

Cliff Oates
    Participant

Fwiw, I usually bring my kick scooter to Crows Landing events. It’s a BIG site. I am also leaning towards bringing a small tent that I have since the NOAA is calling for heavy rain on Sunday and inside the car or inside a tent are probably going to be the only ways to get out of it.

Too bad Hal downsized his trailer – it’s liable to get crowded in there…

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

@Abbas – the red line is the course designer’s ideal line. Normally we don’t post that, but because it’s a fun run event, this time we did.

I’ve added a clean version for those who want to draw their own. I probably won’t have any of those at the event because I already printed the first version… save a tree and all that. πŸ™‚

@Cliff
    – you make some good points. There is not a lot of shelter, ok, no shelter or trees at Crows Landing. We will set up our 6 EZ-UPs so we have a place to hang out, and have lunch under cover.

I’m seeing varying reports about the weather, tho rain is looking like a definite, it’s also looking like 1/4″ prediction which isn’t that much.

We’ll do our best! Rain driving is the reason we started having December events rather than taking a break until the next year. We’ve tried the last two years and were disappointed with 70+ degree days at Marina. πŸ™‚ Come prepared!

Tony Holland
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I had a great time once I quit shaking from the cold. Need to bring warmer clothes next time. I like the place, lots of grip, not a 2 hour drive like Marina. We took one of the ill advised roads leaving and it was better than the road coming in. Only like two huge holes instead of many little ones. Didn’t get a chance to hello to everyone cause of the weather. Normally I complain about running last but this time it was a blessing =D track was still wet but the Hoosier A7s didn’t complain at all.
    Hope everyone has a safe Holiday. See you next year.

Tony Holland

John Kim
    Participant

Enjoyed the event and my newphew had a blast at his first AutoX–he wants to know when the first AutoX of 2016 is. Plus I made it home early. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers!

Dave Dunwoodie
    Participant

Tony, you can run Hoosiers in B class? πŸ˜‰

Here’s a couple of my runs in the morning on Hoosiers. Every braking zone was a test to see when I would find some grip.

Dave

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Nice runs, Dave! Now I wish I took a whack at it. πŸ™‚

Teddy Framhein
    Participant

This was awesome! It was a lot of fun trying to figure out how much grip I had available as conditions worsened. More simply, sliding around in the rain is just plain fun.

Picking up the path through the crossover was a struggle for me in both directions, so I couldn’t really carry much speed :(.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.