09/06/14 – Autocross #6 Course Map

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 09/06/14 – Autocross #6 Course Map

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here you go! If you would like to ensure a print out for yourself, bring one from home. We will only have limited copies available at the event.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    Andy Daniels
    Participant

Patience doesn’t appear to be worth much. đŸ˜›

Nigel Mott
    Participant

It’s nearly more points than my (ahem) ‘driving skills’ have produced…

Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Course map added!

Andy Daniels
    Participant

Another fast one, from the look of it.

Bill Richter
    Participant

Well, doesn’t that look interesting…

Jack Yu

Autox Sept 6th

Click here for bigger

These are my notes from Sept 6th Autocross course. Dave created an awesome course as usual! Some people did not need to lift after the U-turn going into the left sweeper at high speed, but I think it’s because they either had lots of grip or they did not do the U-turn well enough to have much speed on the straight. In my car, with older Direzzas, I felt the need to lift for a fraction of a second, turn left, then pour on the gas.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Jack Yu.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Jack Yu.
    Andy Daniels
    Participant

That was pretty much what I did. The only change I made from my initial plan after taking a few rides with others was to dive into turn 6 at full power instead of floating in on a wider arc.

Something that your notes don’t call out—it’s there in the line, though—is that it was important not to track out too far after turns 1 and 5. That would cost you time in the succeeding sections.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.