08/09/14 – Autocross #5 Course Map

Welcome to the GGC Autocross Program Forums GGC Autocross Forums Autocross Discussion 08/09/14 – Autocross #5 Course Map

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Roberts
    Participant

Here you go! If you would like to ensure a print out for yourself, bring one from home. We will only have limited copies available at the event.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Jeff Roberts.
    Michael Martin
    Participant

Yeesssssss. So excited!

I wonder how straight you can make that penultimate kink after the curvy straight and before the finish. Looks like you can’t quite thread it like you were able to in AX3.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

This looks like a challenging course. Lots of places to find out what your car is capable of(or places to mess up). I don’t think I will need my new faster 4th gear.
    Mark

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Mark Mervich.
    Andy Daniels
    Participant

I think I see a couple of spots where there’s not a lot time to be gained, but a lot to be lost.

I notice, too, that the map now includes hardware locations and some braking zone markers.

Michael Kolesar
    Participant

YES! I GET TO RACE THIS MONTH!!!!! Looking forward to being back after a summer spent in the Antelope Valley.

Mark Mervich
    Participant

Move the inside corner cone at station 5 in about 5 ft and we would get an excellent sweeper. JMHO
    Mark

Jack Yu

Autocross Course August 2014

Well, this was a TOUGH course! I think I had one or two decent lines on the hairpin, but messed it up most of the time. Even knowing the proper line didn’t help you EXECUTE it! If you messed it up, you paid for it in slower times!

This map is what my specific car wanted to do, your mileage may vary depending on your car.

Timothy Woo
    Participant

Bummer that I couldn’t see where I’d stack up against all the AA players yesterday after only one run, when my sway bar snapped!

Can I lobby for my only run to be counted for points?

Jack Yu

Damn that sucks Tim.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.